View Poll Results: Who gets it done in 2019?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carthage Bulldogs

14 93.33%
  • Gilmer Buckeyes

1 6.67%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    Poor Poor Gilmer.
    You know exactly what us Gilmer fans are going through. Celina went through this after a whole bunch of years of annual success only to see it fall apart for awhile. I hate to see our kids not put in their best position to win. I can honestly say that it definitely isn't for lack of talent this year.

Playing against a team like Paris, throw a pick-6 on the first play from scrimmage, and later throw an interception in the endzone when we are about to score. Our QB had an off night, and the majority of it had nothing to do with what Paris was doing. Overthrows, bad timing, and dropped passes are all things that you can fix with practice and repetitions. Mason Hurt has all the physical tools to be very successful. Some of the play calling was suspect at best, too. I won't even go into the defensive problems we have. You already know how I feel about that.

I will say I was impressed with Paris. They do what they do, and they do it very well..., a sign of a well-coached team. They were mentally tough. It's hard to pin point what I was most impressed with, but one thing did stand out to me for sure..., the play of their secondary. They do something our secondary doesn't do, or rarely do, and that is TURN around when the ball is in the air and play the ball. WATCH the receiver's eyes!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    You know exactly what us Gilmer fans are going through. Celina went through this after a whole bunch of years of annual success only to see it fall apart for awhile. I hate to see our kids not put in their best position to win. I can honestly say that it definitely isn't for lack of talent this year.

Playing against a team like Paris, throw a pick-6 on the first play from scrimmage, and later throw an interception in the endzone when we are about to score. Our QB had an off night, and the majority of it had nothing to do with what Paris was doing. Overthrows, bad timing, and dropped passes are all things that you can fix with practice and repetitions. Mason Hurt has all the physical tools to be very successful. Some of the play calling was suspect at best, too. I won't even go into the defensive problems we have. You already know how I feel about that.

I will say I was impressed with Paris. They do what they do, and they do it very well..., a sign of a well-coached team. They were mentally tough. It's hard to pin point what I was most impressed with, but one thing did stand out to me for sure..., the play of their secondary. They do something our secondary doesn't do, or rarely do, and that is TURN around when the ball is in the air and play the ball. WATCH the receiver's eyes!
    Yes sir. We know the pain.