View Poll Results: Who gets it done in 2019?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carthage Bulldogs

14 93.33%
  • Gilmer Buckeyes

1 6.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-American

I wouldn't call that reporting. It was partially fact-based opinionating "clickbait."

I do think it is a fact that a number of athletes, with more certainly on the way as long as Briles is there (which may not be that long), have moved into the MVISD, just as they already did into the Pleasant Grove ISD and Carthage ISD in recent years.

We have a wealthy Gilmer alum who is also an alum of Texas Tech, which is also where Art Briles went to school. Maybe he can "supplement" the salary required to get Briles to Gilmer with all the "move ins" who will certainly follow him wherever he goes.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I wouldn't call that reporting. It was partially fact-based opinionating "clickbait."

I do think it is a fact that a number of athletes, with more certainly on the way as long as Briles is there (which may not be that long), have moved into the MVISD, just as they already did into the Pleasant Grove ISD and Carthage ISD in recent years.

We have a wealthy Gilmer alum who is also an alum of Texas Tech, which is also where Art Briles went to school. Maybe he can "supplement" the salary required to get Briles to Gilmer with all the "move ins" who will certainly follow him wherever he goes.
    Briles to Gilmer? Holy shhh. That would be something. Imagine Gilmer offense with Briles as coach. Right back to the good ol’ days. I know it’s a joke, kinda, but would people on Gilmer support the hire?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Briles to Gilmer? Holy shhh. That would be something. Imagine Gilmer offense with Briles as coach. Right back to the good ol’ days. I know it’s a joke, kinda, but would people on Gilmer support the hire?
    I'll bet the few Gilmer posters on here would. I AM joking, though. But the Tech alum does exist. He should at least buy us a videoboard.

All-American

Win at all costs baby!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Win at all costs baby!!!
    That's what I'm talking about!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

I'll bet the few Gilmer posters on here would. I AM joking, though. But the Tech alum does exist. He should at least buy us a videoboard.
    Once the high school is built, and the parking issues are resolved for our stadium, the only things left to do to bring in more playoff games would be to fix the visitor's side with better restroom facilities and a video board. If you know this "alum" maybe you should ask him.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

I heard from a trusted source that Jeff wants to come back home, too, but... $$$ is too good right now.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I heard from a trusted source that Jeff wants to come back home, too, but... $$$ is too good right now.
    That's the way to fire up the old rumor wagon!!!
    the best kind???

Well, we are back. I have fired all the doctors, got the Bux stirred up. I had to forgo the trip...my Best Girl said no...the Buckeyes traveled to Carthage and gave the Dawgs all they could handle...I was proud of what they did...1st quarter was testing the water...the found a loaded Dawg team & came very close to embarrassing them...I bet Surratt is foaming at all orifices. I hear he spent the night in the Cardio Unit. Good job Dawgs. Came real close to a "L".

Now ...Newton comes to Gilmer Friday...It will be a long trip home for them...time to get serious.
    buckeyebob

All-District

Buckeyebob you do know Gilmer rushed for 30 yards and total of 184.
    I was there. The Dawgs started the game thinking is was going to be like last year. No enthusiasm what so ever. Hell they dropped two touchdown passes with nobody with in 5 yards. Kel Williams is one of the best receivers in the state and couldn’t catch a cold. The Dawg QB had so many over throws and serval under that we were wondering what the heck.
    The Dawg D saved our bacon last night.
    The Gilmer D line whip one of the very best O lines in 4A until the 4th Quarter.
    The Dawg were the Dawgs in the fourth and reminded us fans how good they are.
    Gilmer played hard the entire game.
    They are twice as good as they were last year. I have a feeling they will play PG twice this year.
    You are right about Surratt I bet he lit the Dawgs up when that game was over.
    I truly believe they were looking past Gilmer and thinking about PG.
    I tell you something else, I believe Gilmer will beat Newton.

All-American

We gonna give Newton and that 30 whatever winning streak a run for they damn money. Believe dat!!!!!
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebob View Post
    Well, we are back. I have fired all the doctors, got the Bux stirred up. I had to forgo the trip...my Best Girl said no...the Buckeyes traveled to Carthage and gave the Dawgs all they could handle...I was proud of what they did...1st quarter was testing the water...the found a loaded Dawg team & came very close to embarrassing them...I bet Surratt is foaming at all orifices. I hear he spent the night in the Cardio Unit. Good job Dawgs. Came real close to a "L".

Now ...Newton comes to Gilmer Friday...It will be a long trip home for them...time to get serious.
    I never thought I would see the day that Gilmer got all excited and fired up about a 9 point loss!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

All-American

Our players aren't all that fired up about it. I agree with our #5, Casey Irons Jr.
    https://twitter.com/_cironsjr/status...57588612681728

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    I never thought I would see the day that Gilmer got all excited and fired up about a 9 point loss!
    I'm in no way fired up about a loss, or 2 in a row for that matter. But I am definitely excited about the way the team is playing even if we have lost the last two. At this time last year I didn't think we could beat Spring Hill, and we barely did. I think this year we finish second in district and play PG again in round 4. Buckeyes definitely improving from last year. I believe we have a snowballs chance this weekend also.
    the best kind???