Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

8 53.33%
  • Navarro

7 46.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Week 4: Navarro (3-0) @ La Grange (3-0)

Another barnburner

All-American

All-American

This will be another big test for the Leps. The Leopard offense has really gelled now with both a robust running game and big play passing threat. The challenge will be for the defense to get enough stops on the potent Panther slot t offense to give the Lep offense time to put up enough points to stay close or hold onto a narrow lead. This may be another game like last week with back and forth scoring until the final minutes. The deciding factor may be turnovers. The Leps have turned the ball over once in three games, an interception by Columbus in week 2. LG is playing real good football now. They are confident and have momentum going into this game. LG by 7.

All-District

Leopards in a close one

All-District

Leps have been a pleasant surprise this year. Hope you continue to win. Good luck with Navarro. They are a good football team.

All-American

Leo's getting better every week against some salty competition. That continues this week with another win. I'll try 27 - 7

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Leo's getting better every week against some salty competition. That continues this week with another win. I'll try 27 - 7
    I agree with you that you will probably win, but I think the game will be much closer than that. Navarro can score quickly from just about anywhere on the field.

Junior Varsity

Ouch, that’s a lot of credit to a team who’s never beaten Navarro. And yes LG was up fast and early last year, probably would’ve won. But Navarro had huge growth after week 4 last year, including switching the defense back to what we ran in 2016 during the semifinals run (bigggg improvement imo). That following week 5 Navarro shut down state ranked Giddings winning 28-7 i believe.

This years team is defensively better than last year, and the offense can strike extremely quickly, with some threats we haven’t had in the past. The line is strong as hell, and very big. The run defense is as good as it’s been in a couple years imo. I expect a great game, let’s say a 7 point spread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-American

Nice post 10ftw, Navarro will be perhaps the toughest team the Leps have faced more so than LaVernia only due to the inherent difficulty defending the slot t. LV had size speed and athleticism and a balanced offense that worked our secondary effectively all night. Unless the Panthers can put the ball downfield accurately it will be a much different look for our defense. I agree it probably will be a one possession game with the team with fewest turnovers winning. We got a couple inches of rain today and maybe will get another inch tomorrow afternoon. By gametime it should be partly cloudy no rain but a wet grass field.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Nice post 10ftw, Navarro will be perhaps the toughest team the Leps have faced more so than LaVernia only due to the inherent difficulty defending the slot t. LV had size speed and athleticism and a balanced offense that worked our secondary effectively all night. Unless the Panthers can put the ball downfield accurately it will be a much different look for our defense. I agree it probably will be a one possession game with the team with fewest turnovers winning. We got a couple inches of rain today and maybe will get another inch tomorrow afternoon. By gametime it should be partly cloudy no rain but a wet grass field.
    Good to hear the weather is better this year, hate the fact the game got called last year. Kept Navarro from mounting another impressive comeback lol. Y’all are grass tho right? Nice and sloppy makes for an interesting game.

Junior Varsity

Good game so far, Navarro leads 21-15. Offensively both teams are rolling rn, Navarro is just pounding it out, and LG speed to the edge and passing. Unless both defenses step up I predict lots of 2nd half points

Junior Varsity

Big win tonight for the Panthers 55-22 Final

All-American

Luckily for me,they can't Shovel that much crow through the drive through window.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Great game Panthers. No turnovers very few penalties overall excellent execution by Navarro tonight made for an impressive performance. good luck the rest of the way.

Junior Varsity

Luckily for me,they can't Shovel that much crow through the drive through window.
    6 years of playing Cuero I’m the playoffs and being optimistic that we can win I have found crow goes great with whataburger spicy ketchup lol