Meanwhile....in 16 4A DII

3 of the 4 games went about as I expected they would. La Feria pulled away from Raymondville already looking in mid-season form. Rio Hondo finally played some big boys after playing some cupcakes in scrimmages and got smacked in the mouth, and Progreso did their thing vs. 2A DI La Villa, though I'll be perfectly honest, I was surprised the game was close.

The one disappointment was Port Isabel's loss to Brownsville Porter. Porter's defense was all over the place, stuffing PI's offense for the vast majority of the game. PI's points were a Kickoff return, and off a fumble giving the Tarpons a very short field. The Tarpons had one GOOD drive, it was the final drive of the game. PI got as close to the 7 yard line and attempted a game winning FG, but missed wide left (sound familiar?) Game goes to OT where Porter ends up winning. So the question now is...... is Brownsville Porter going to be good this year? Or is Port Isabel not so good? Keep in mind, Porter was 1-9 last year with their only win over Port Isabel.