Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    I think the Aggies are one of the most interesting teams in college football this year. I think they have a really good roster and is improving each year. If Mond takes a proportional step forward again this year, they could have a great year. I think if they can find a way to win 2 of the 4 between Bama, Clemson, LSU & Georgia, it will be a great season.

Depth chart came out yesterday. My initial thoughts and observations:

True freshman starters:

RG Kenyon Green
    S Demani Richardson

Position battles:

Leon O'Neal is the other starting safety. 5 star true freshman S Brian Williams is a backup.

True freshman 5 star Demarvin Leal is not a starter, although I expect him to play a lot

Colton Prater has been benched. McCollum is starting center

Roshaud Paul and Dylan Wright did not make the 2 deep at WR but Paul listed as starting PR. Interestingly true freshman Caleb Chapman did make the 2 deep...

Debione Renfro is a starting corner but is suspended for at least the first game for a violation of team rules. Will be interesting to see if Myles Jones or Charles Oliver’s retains a starting corner role.

Hezekiah Jones and Erick Young are both injured and not listed. Not sure extent of either injury. Baylor Cupp is out for the year with a broken leg

Obviously Mond starting QB with Corbin at RB and Davis, Rogers and Ausbon at WR. No surprises there but there is a major lack of experience at RB behind Corbin. Sounds like Kibodi and Spiller both have looked good but need one of these guys to step up big time

Madubuike and Bobby Brown should be a really strong pair of DTs. Very concerned about DE and LB quality and depth.

Special teams will again be a strength with Mann and Seth Small kicking

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Why is that crazy?
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Why is that crazy?
    I'll will bet you any amount of money you want that A&M doesn't win more than 1 of those games.
    They're much more likely to go 0-4 than 2-2 in those 4 games.
    If they go 9-3 this season, that's a great year for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I'll will bet you any amount of money you want that A&M doesn't win more than 1 of those games.
    They're much more likely to go 0-4 than 2-2 in those 4 games.
    If they go 9-3 this season, that's a great year for them.
    In my first post, I said 9-3 and a bowl win would be a great year.

If A&M went 10-2, I think they get in the CFP.... but if we’re being honest I think that’s a pipe dream

All-American

I'm just glad there is a real game with someone to cheer for. Thank you Football Gods for bringing the games back!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-District

Bump.

Lol you been waiting all season to bump this. Good for you

Like I said, 7-5 with an ass whooping from LSU to end it is basically a disaster.

Some additional thoughts:

1. LSU ended up being a lot better this year than I think anyone really expected.

2. You can’t lose to auburn when you are trying to build something.

3. Losing Corbin and Cupp for the year really hurt a lot. Really put a dent in a&m’s playmaking ability

4. I see Mann and madubuike going pro. Not sure that anyone else meaningful will be leaving after this year

All-American

No excuses. That was embarrassing last night. I turned it over @ 21-0. I honestly thought LSU might hang 80 on us.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

I went to the rockets game instead because I knew lsu would smack us around

All-American

I suppose being a member of the conference with the most lucrative TV deals makes losing worthwhile, though.

I seem to recall the TAMU athletics department was in a bit of a financial bind eight years ago when the decision was made to SECede.

I am glad Texas didn't move when it had the chance. It would now be losing closer to 10 games a year rather than just five had that happened.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ably-happened/

When I was monitoring the Razorbacks message board a few weeks ago as they were clamoring for Chad's head, which as we all know they got, many of them were advocating a move OUT OF the SEC.

Hogville message board residents realize they will NEVER successfully compete in the SEC West. But the upside is SEC membership helps them fund the inevitable buyouts of fired coaches they do every few years.
    Last edited by Aesculus gilmus; 12-02-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I suppose being a member of the conference with the most lucrative TV deals makes losing worthwhile, though.

I seem to recall the TAMU athletics department was in a bit of a financial bind eight years ago when the decision was made to SECede.

I am glad Texas didn't move when it had the chance. It would now be losing closer to 10 games a year rather than just five had that happened.

When I was monitoring the Razorbacks message board a few weeks ago as they were clamoring for Chad's head, which as we all know they got, many of them were advocating a move OUT OF the SEC.

Hogville message board residents realize they will NEVER successfully compete in the SEC West. But the upside is SEC membership helps them fund the inevitable buyouts of fired coaches they do every few years.
    Nah. The SEC is pretty top heavy

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post

A&M was not in a financial bind. They made a decision to do a $435 million stadium rebuild a year after joining the SEC.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    A&M was not in a financial bind. They made a decision to do a $435 million stadium rebuild a year after joining the SEC.
    The athletic department was running such a deficit that they were having to borrow money from the university.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    No excuses. That was embarrassing last night. I turned it over @ 21-0. I honestly thought LSU might hang 80 on us.
    50-7 runaway... all for $75 million... LOL.