Default 2-a-days right around the corner!

August 5 is only 10 days away. Where the heck is everybody? How will your team do this year?
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

5 year cycle. We gonna win state!!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    5 year cycle. We gonna win state!!!!
    You betcha! We gone get er dun!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

The good news is that there's no one from Pleasant Grove on here to dissent from the "Gilmer wins state every fifth year" storyline.

All-American

Sinton will be a question mark this year. they'll be fast just not sure how good this new coaching is gonna be. definitely will be interesting.

Junior Varsity

Navarro will have a big strong line, if you wanna go by powerlifting results, our strongest ever by a good margin. Two 1000+ yard rushers returning and one 800ish rusher returning. Should be another good season, hopefully we have a better start this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-American

Cannot wait for the season to get going!! Crazy that two-a-days are right here upon us!

I’ve got high expectations for Celina this year. The Bobcats will break in a brand new stadium for the 2019 season and also break in a bevy of young talent. Celina will have some senior studs in QB Hunter Watson and RB Logan Point (committed to Navy). By all accounts, Watson has made some huge strides this offseason/summer. And Point will make his way up the school’s all-time list as the season goes on. He is as tough a runner as you’ll find, and he has sneaky speed and athleticism in the open (and in traffic).

The junior and sophomore classes — and heck even the freshman class — is loaded with speed and some decent size. The Bobcats will have an incredible LB corps this year, with a pair of sophomores anchoring the outside spots. Size on both lines will also be a plus for Celina.

The only knock against this group will be inexperience. But with the speed and athleticism of some of these younger kids coming up the ranks, I think we’ll see them adjust pretty quick.

And that’s a good thing, because District 7 is — by my approximation — the District of Doom again this season. Argyle, Paris, Melissa and Celina. All in the top 25, all with a good argument to be the best of the bunch, in my opinion. No idea how this district will shake out this year. You could put those four in any order and you’d have a legitimate case.

Your reward for getting out of this district, of course is the opportunity to make it through a Region II gauntlet that still has La Vega, Stephenville, Brownwood, China Spring and Kennedale.

If you can make it through all that somewhat healthy, you’ll have a great great shot at some hardware!

Going to be an entertaining season, and I cannot wait for things to get kicked off!

All-American

I see China Spring much improved with the QB having a year under his belt (as a freshman) and couple of very good receivers. Question mark is the defensive line and running back. But I see a much improved team than the 2nd round playoff of a year ago. District is no joke..

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    Sinton will be a question mark this year. they'll be fast just not sure how good this new coaching is gonna be. definitely will be interesting.
    Where did coach Allen go?

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

The Carthage Dawgs will be a lot better this year. Really excited about the Dawg QB, he is 6’ 3” at 215 pounds and can run and throw. They won their 7 on 7 League with 5A Marshall, Shreveport Avangle both highly ranked. He was throwing dimes at 20 yards or 50 yards.
    The biggest O line and D line we have ever had and two good running backs.
    Two of the best wide receivers in the state with Dixon and Williams.
    Defense returns all four D linemen, both linebackers, safety, and DB.
    Scouts have been looking at 6 players and now have interest in the QB.
    The Dawgs are loaded and looking for a long playoff run.
    Let’s Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.