All-American

Default Steel Dynamics Announces Planned New Flat Roll Steel Mill Site Selection

Big growth coming to Sinton

Junior Varsity

Have they picked a location for this steel mill?

Junior Varsity

I’m in Portland and we are exploding with new growth because of all the new industry.
    We have the steel pipe plant in Gregory, the iron ore plant, the LNG export plant and just starting construction on the Exxon Ethylene Cracker plant. It’s hard to keep up with the growth 2 new apartment complexes, 9 new hotels and construction of 2,200 new homes.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    I’m in Portland and we are exploding with new growth because of all the new industry.
    We have the steel pipe plant in Gregory, the iron ore plant, the LNG export plant and just starting construction on the Exxon Ethylene Cracker plant. It’s hard to keep up with the growth 2 new apartment complexes, 9 new hotels and construction of 2,200 new homes.
    You're not kidding - that is one HUGE building on 35, right at the overpass at Gregory. My husband is retired now but used to work the Gregory switch engine for Southern Pacific back in the late 70's and early 80's. There wasn't anything out there in those days.. Now it's damn near metropolitan....

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

The steel pipe plant seems to be struggling. Not much production coming out of there. However the rest of the new industry seems to be doing real good.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    Big growth coming to Sinton
    Looks like some of their customer base might be co locating from the report. This might also help Woodsboro, Skidmore, Taft, Odem and Refugio in growth.

All-American

2500 acres just north of Sinton between Business 77 and the 89 loop

Junior Varsity

Funny, I worked for Southern Pacific at the same time out of Eagle Lake. I was a track foreman and we covered all the track from eagle lake to Houston. You prolly know a few of my ex coworkers Bell ,Koenig, and Gohmert. My cousin is Billy Reinhardt used to be a regional manager for SP.

Funny, I worked for Southern Pacific at the same time out of Eagle Lake. I was a track foreman and we covered all the track from eagle lake to Houston. You prolly know a few of my ex coworkers Bell ,Koenig, and Gohmert. My cousin is Billy Reinhardt used to be a regional manager for SP.
    Oh yes, know them all. My husband was on the east bound UP train that had head on collision with west bound UP train.....at Y-D right before Houston yard, Oct, 1997. I went to school with Sandra R. Small world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

I don't think they're even through building the inside because of the overhead cranes outside starting to collect rust.