All-American

Default Division II 7-on-7 State Tournament Field is Set

Still eight more spots in Division I up for grabs

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

I really liked Midlothian Heritage last year when I saw them. Big receiver was impressive. Usual front runners are going to be people like Graham and Celina. China Spring and La Vega could be in the mix.

Has there ever been any discussion to letting the 7 on 7 organization actually randomly pick the pools for these SQT tournaments?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    I really liked Midlothian Heritage last year when I saw them. Big receiver was impressive. Usual front runners are going to be people like Graham and Celina. China Spring and La Vega could be in the mix.

Has there ever been any discussion to letting the 7 on 7 organization actually randomly pick the pools for these SQT tournaments?

Last year's MH team was built for 7-on-7 success. So talented. This year, I'd think La Vega would be a heavy favorite, just based on their skill kids. Graham has a pretty salty squad, from what I've heard, so we could see them go fairly deep. I'd also look out for Pleasant Grove, too. With Harmon back at QB and some really good skill players, the Hawks have as good a chance as anyone to win this thing. Apart from them, Melissa has the tools to make a run, as does WF Hirschi, Wimberley and Boerne, maybe even a smaller school like Brock.

As for Celina, the Bobcats SHOULD fair well. They have a senior QB who, by all accounts, has made some big-time progress this offseason/summer. And he's going to have a lot of weapons to choose from, including a 6-7 junior receiver who's been a pain for opposing defenses so far this summer, and one of DFW's top running backs in Navy commit Logan Point. Lots of speed and sure hands to go around those two, as well, for the Bobcats.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Last year's MH team was built for 7-on-7 success. So talented. This year, I'd think La Vega would be a heavy favorite, just based on their skill kids. Graham has a pretty salty squad, from what I've heard, so we could see them go fairly deep. I'd also look out for Pleasant Grove, too. With Harmon back at QB and some really good skill players, the Hawks have as good a chance as anyone to win this thing. Apart from them, Melissa has the tools to make a run, as does WF Hirschi, Wimberley and Boerne, maybe even a smaller school like Brock.

As for Celina, the Bobcats SHOULD fair well. They have a senior QB who, by all accounts, has made some big-time progress this offseason/summer. And he's going to have a lot of weapons to choose from, including a 6-7 junior receiver who's been a pain for opposing defenses so far this summer, and one of DFW's top running backs in Navy commit Logan Point. Lots of speed and sure hands to go around those two, as well, for the Bobcats.

La Vega certainly has the talent, but this is clearly the most unpredictable sport. A team like McGregor could easily beat them at state. Cameron has beaten the likes of Hutto and Belton (33-0) in league play. In September that would never happen. Brock is the only 3A team that you see could make a run. Teams such as Grandview and Cameron could not qualify, but the likes of Brock, Marion, Hitchcock, McGregor, Jourdanton and Crockett did. Crockett is a sleeper. To me, it depends on what tournaments you get in to and the pools.

To me, the 7 on 7 organization really needs to look at randomly selecting the pools themselves. This would not be very difficult at all. Hosting a SQT should be the last advantage you get.
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 06-22-2019 at 02:30 AM.