Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
I have not gotten my copy of DCTF and honestly my knowledge of the teams are very limited to those we always see and expect to be in the hunt which is Carthage , Argyle, West Orange Stark, Cuero ect. Last season was very exciting to see Liberty Hill march to the Finals , and I was very proud of my Bobcats improve during the playoffs with a victory over Wilmer Hutchins and Stephenville then to play Argyle very close after getting blown out at home in district play. I hope they have a great season , and that this is another fun year with upsets and surprises which is always exciting.

The typical powers are going to be pretty salty again this year. Someone in Region III or IV will have to step up pretty mightily to keep Carthage out of the title game. Argyle will be solid as usual, with a really good offensive line, a stud senior quarterback, and no shortage of skill kids. But all roads in Region II lead through La Vega this year. The Pirates just have an embarrassment of riches in talent. But, insofar as I can tell, Paris might be the second best team behind La Vega in Region II, and I'd say they could go toe-to-toe with the Pirates. They have full grown men in the trenches and some freaking studs at the skill positions. And that's still leaving out Melissa, Kennedale, Stephenville, China Spring, Brownwood and Celina in Region II. Just a ridiculous region. No other one is even close in Division I. Can't see anyone from Region I making enough noise to actually knock off the Region II champ in the semifinals, but stranger things have happened.

As for Celina ... keep your eye on the Bobcats this year and in the next 2-4. We could see a resurgence for the orange and white. I have high hopes for the Bobcats both this year and in the coming years. Lots of talent at the junior level on down. Lots of talent. Speed, size, work ethic, quality kids, etc. A lot of that youth will be filling starting roles on the varsity this year. Mix that with some really good seniors this year, and I think we could see the Bobcats make some noise in 2019. We could see one of the best QBs to ever come through Celina take the reins next year, too. He's a junior right now, but the kid can flat spin the ball.

In saying all that, Region II is stacked, and District 7 is far and away the deepest, most talented district in Region II. I could easily see Celina finish anywhere from 1-4 in that district, and make noise in the playoffs regardless of their seed.

It's going to be an entertaining year in Division I, I'll say that.