Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Good luck all. Hope all the boys are hydrating properly. It’s gotta be 95% humidity out there......

Go Mean Green.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Unhappy

Thank you Mike for the continued coverage. Mike Forman is so involved in the Crossroads area teams... Anyone venturing this way for 7 on 7 this weekend, please drink and bring LOTS of WATER and GATORADE, etc. It's 100% humidity today and predicted to stay that way tomorrow. We have wonderful facilities but the FIELD and the STANDS are NOT air conditioned

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/adv...4104a75ec.html

7on7 Football
    Cuero, Weimar to host 7on7 state-qualifying tournaments
    By Mike Forman | mforman@vicad.com Jun 6, 2019 Updated 14 hrs ago 0

Chase Blackwell and J.D. Notaro split reps at quarterback for Cuero during Tuesday’s 7on7 games in Goliad.

Cuero coach Travis Reeve expects the pattern to continue Saturday at the Cuero 7on7 Division II state-qualifying tournament.

Blackwell, a senior, played sparingly during the Gobblers’ run to last season’s Class 4A, Division II state championship.

Notaro, a junior, quarterbacked the junior varsity team.

“We’re just watching to see if they make the right reads and take care of the ball,” Reeve said. “Obviously, completions are the name of the game. That’s what you look for in your quarterback.”

Reeve will be closely watching both quarterbacks, but no starter will be named until workouts begin in August.

“For us, the decisions are made in the fall when we come back and the pads are on and we’re playing real football,” he said. “It’s an opportunity for our kids to get work and get better honing their craft.”

The Gobblers will be shooting for their third straight trip to the state 7on7 tournament.

“The thing about 7on7 and the state tournament that I think is good is it is a fun way to get out and practice and get better at what we do in preparation for the fall,” Reeve said. “That is the reward of being able to go to the state tournament. It’s a fun deal to compete for, but at the end of the day, there’s not a lot of carryover to the success we want to have in the fall other than getting reps in what we want to do.”

Cuero will be in a pool with El Campo, Ingleside and Navarro. The other pool will include Gonzales, Smithville, Corpus Christi West Oso, and Jourdanton.

Pool play begins at 8:10 a.m. and the state-qualifying game is scheduled for noon at Gobbler Stadium.

The state tournament is scheduled for June 27-28 at Veterans Park & Athletic Complex in College Station.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Let's Go CUERO!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!

All-American

Cuero went 0-3 today....this surprised me.....knew there'd be some growing pains with a really young team.....

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Cuero went 0-3 today....this surprised me.....knew there'd be some growing pains with a really young team.....
    Yeppers. Still working out the kinks. QB situation is totally up in the air at this point (from info we hear) I have faith Travis will get the right guys in the right positions. We’ve been in this situation before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuero will be just fine. Texans have fared well thus far in this tournament but after a 4-7 2018 season one tends to be a bit cautious. That said we have some talent coming up for the next several years.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Cuero will be just fine. Texans have fared well thus far in this tournament but after a 4-7 2018 season one tends to be a bit cautious. That said we have some talent coming up for the next several years.
    My guess for Cuero is growing pains early on, but they'll turn the corner late in the year...

Would not be at all surprised!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Tough year ahead IMO for Gob's. When you lose the all everything, the one who singlehandedly won you a state championship -- Jordan Whittington, those weak spots will show themselves. The weak district saving point. Should still make the playoffs though. Could start season 0-5.

I think Jordan could very well start for Texas the year. Kid one amazing athlete. That change from Barta to Jordan at QB was a great call by Travis in that state game.
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    Tough year ahead IMO for Gob's. When you lose the all everything, the one who singlehandedly won you a state championship -- Jordan Whittington, those weak spots will show themselves. The weak district saving point. Should still make the playoffs though. Could start season 0-5.
    Wow, guess we shouldn’t even show up . Might be a traditional building year, we will just have to see. Maybe your team, whomever they are, will finally have a successful year and you can support them instead of consistently making snarky comments about others. Contrary to your comment, Jordan ran behind a very good line, and he will be the 1st to give them credit. Losing him is paramount, no doubt, but Travis and the assistant coaches will work very hard to get the right guys in the right places... replace Jordan, I don’t think that’s possible,he’s SPECIAL. I consider myself very fortunate to have witnessed his performances weekly for 4 years, and can’t wait to watch him on the 40 acres..I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding “ weak district saving point” but our district has produced last 4 Reg finalists, so I’m not following. If I’m able I will be there supporting the Gobblers, no fair weather fan here.

All-District

Not really putting Cuero down, just---yes, they have to get some things lined out this year. Agree, you can't replace Jordan. Likely IMO, best player in state past several years. Guess I seen the state game differently. Jordan often didn't use his OL, he created himself, zigging and zagging around would be tacklers, left standing holding their jock. Made circus catchers from errant throws. One he made a tremendous catch, but---penalty cancelled that out, only to make a even more spectacular catch following play. Might add, you seem, based on being defensive -- there is something wrong having a stud singlehandedly winning your title. I recall, Steele winning it one year, by their RB alone. Happens often, really.

I'm a BIG JW fan. Glad to see a WR, break the old time state rushing record in the state game. Many great and legion runningbacks have toted the rock over the years, and Jordan passed them all as a WR.

Hook'em!!!!!

Wish we had a title in my lifetime.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    Wow, guess we shouldn’t even show up . Might be a traditional building year, we will just have to see. Maybe your team, whomever they are, will finally have a successful year and you can support them instead of consistently making snarky comments about others. Contrary to your comment, Jordan ran behind a very good line, and he will be the 1st to give them credit. Losing him is paramount, no doubt, but Travis and the assistant coaches will work very hard to get the right guys in the right places... replace Jordan, I don’t think that’s possible,he’s SPECIAL. I consider myself very fortunate to have witnessed his performances weekly for 4 years, and can’t wait to watch him on the 40 acres..I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding “ weak district saving point” but our district has produced last 4 Reg finalists, so I’m not following. If I’m able I will be there supporting the Gobblers, no fair weather fan here.

Not sure if its a weak district but its certainly a weak region.....that lack of depth in Region IV will certainly allow Cuero even in a rebuilding year to likely still go at least three rounds deep