All-American

Rockdale beat Brownwood, 33-13.

Managed to watch pool play in China Spring today. Cameron manged to get by easily in those games and then just laid a major egg in the La Vega matchup. La Vega is a good 7 on 7 team, but they are one of those squads that will be quite a bit better when they put the pads on. La Vega would be up by 50 on Academy at the half in September. Opposite can be said about McGregor, which generally has more success without the pads.

Cameron has good looking athletes like normal and should have no issues at the QB, RB and WR positions. Main concerns will be on the lines, where this is good, but unproven talent. Not really much correlation between Cameron's success in 7 on 7 and football.

7 on 7/Football
    2010 - Lost state - Lost State
    2011 - Consolation - Area
    2012 - Lost first round - Won State
    2013 - Consolation bracket - Won State
    2014 - Did not qualify - Won State
    2015 - Lost first round - Should have won state
    2016 - 3rd round - Quarterfinals
    2017 - 3rd round - Bi-District
    2018 - Did not qualify - Third Round

Outlier was in 2010 when they got to the state game in both, but had one of, if not the best athlete in the entire state - Dede Westbrook - Heisman finalist. He was unfortunately never really healthy in the 2010 playoffs and only played 3-4 games in 2011 before going down with injury.

In general, it's much harder to get into these division II tournaments now with more teams being able to qualify for division III. Cameron currently is not in another tournament due to availability. That was not the case 5 years ago. I believe they will eventually have to expand to another day of state games. It's just simply way more competitive now.
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 05-20-2019 at 12:07 AM.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    Rockdale beat Brownwood, 33-13.

Managed to watch pool play in China Spring today. Cameron manged to easily get by easily in those games and then just laid a major egg in the La Vega matchup. La Vega is a good 7 on 7 team, but they are one of those squads that will be quite a bit better when they put the pads on. La Vega would be up by 50 on Academy at the half in September. Opposite can be said about McGregor, which generally has more success without the pads.

Cameron has good looking athletes like normal and should have no issues at the QB, RB and WR positions. Main concerns will be on the lines, where this is good, but unproven talent. Not really much correlation between Cameron's success in 7 on 7 and football.

7 on 7/Football
    2010 - Lost state - Lost State
    2011 - Consolation - Area
    2012 - Lost first round - Won State
    2013 - Consolation bracket - Won State
    2014 - Did not qualify - Won State
    2015 - Lost first round - Should have won state
    2016 - 3rd round - Quarterfinals
    2017 - 3rd round - Bi-District
    2018 - Did not qualify - Third Round

Outlier was in 2010 when they got to the state game in both, but had one of, if not the best athlete in the entire state - Dede Westbrook - Heisman finalist. He was unfortunately never really healthy in the 2010 playoffs and only played 3-4 games in 2011 before going down with injury.

In general, it's much harder to get into these division II tournaments now with more teams being able to qualify for division III. Cameron currently is not in another tournament due to availability. That was not the case 5 years ago. I believe they will eventually have to expand to another day of state games. It's just simply way more competitive now.
    I'm pretty sure I can find ole Yoe a spot in a tournament if they want in one....I'll keep my eyes out

The key word there is "want". The past few years now it's always been Lorena, then Gatesville and Burnet. Lorena was filled and the same with Burnet. I would personally travel a bit further off to places such as Brock, Palestine, Wimberley, Needville, Brownwood or Midlothian. Just being in one tournament, going out a little further may be an option now.
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 05-20-2019 at 12:13 AM.