Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
Good to see all the support down there for both teams......baseball has ALWAYS been taken very seriously in South Texas. I know because I grew up there with a glove in my hand since age 4. My Dad was the manager of the Yankees Little League team for 10 seasons in Goliad. We had 4 teams back then.....the Yankees won the title all 10 yrs he was the manager. And then those same groups of kids won in high school and in Babe Ruth summer league. As far as I was concerned......and I played all the sports......there was NOT a better sport for me......not even golf. It gets inside you......the ultimate team and individual sport together. There are so many situations and variables in play that change all the time during a game. It's really more and deeper than most fans that are not deeply involved could ever fathom. And it's pure.....demanding of all your abilities and pure.
it was pretty solid fan support back when Robstown first drop down to join Sinton, Falfurrias and Mathis in 3a same district.