All-American

Default DCTF Now Offering Digital Archives for all Previous Magazines 1960-Present

NEW Archives Now Available to Subscribers

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, the “bible” of the sport in the Lone Star State, has partnered with the nonPareil Institute of Plano to create a one of a kind digital archive that will allow former Texas high school football players and their family members to find the exact page they or their loved ones appeared on back in the day.

Every summer for the last 59 years football fans in Texas eagerly anticipate their copy of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine. Until now, only the most savvy magazine collectors managed to hold on to their vintage copies. Early editions have sold for as much as $1,000. Now, thanks to a unique partnership with the nonPareil Institute of Plano, Texans will be able to find their names and their favorite team previews from 1960 to present day. They can view or download the page they want, print it out and own a piece of Texas Football history of which they played a part.

In addition to the wages this project is providing, new subscribers have the opportunity to give back by using the promo code “Autism” during the month of April. For every new subscription using that code Dave Campbell’s will donate $10 to the Non-Pareil Institute in honor of Autism Awareness Month.

Subscriptions to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football may be purchased online at www.texasfootball.com/subscribe

The archive is available to subscribers at www.texasfootball.com/archive

This awesome. Thanks for posting.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

What's the price of the subscription?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    What's the price of the subscription?
    www.texasfootball.com/subscribe

Was there team by team write ups way back when? Just wondering what the content was like before buying.

Also, is there an option to pay less for a specific year magazine digital copy?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    NEW Archives Now Available to Subscribers

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, the “bible” of the sport in the Lone Star State, has partnered with the nonPareil Institute of Plano to create a one of a kind digital archive that will allow former Texas high school football players and their family members to find the exact page they or their loved ones appeared on back in the day.

Every summer for the last 59 years football fans in Texas eagerly anticipate their copy of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine. Until now, only the most savvy magazine collectors managed to hold on to their vintage copies. Early editions have sold for as much as $1,000. Now, thanks to a unique partnership with the nonPareil Institute of Plano, Texans will be able to find their names and their favorite team previews from 1960 to present day. They can view or download the page they want, print it out and own a piece of Texas Football history of which they played a part.

In addition to the wages this project is providing, new subscribers have the opportunity to give back by using the promo code “Autism” during the month of April. For every new subscription using that code Dave Campbell’s will donate $10 to the Non-Pareil Institute in honor of Autism Awareness Month.

Subscriptions to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football may be purchased online at www.texasfootball.com/subscribe

The archive is available to subscribers at www.texasfootball.com/archive

Oh my goodness!! This is AMAZING! I haven't logged on to the DL since December, and this is the first thing I see. I can't tell you how excited this made me. You picked up a new subscriber. Thanks, Matt!
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Was there team by team write ups way back when? Just wondering what the content was like before buying.

Also, is there an option to pay less for a specific year magazine digital copy?
    Yes there were....they weren't as robust in the 60s but its fascinating to me to read about the growth, ebbs and flows of things etc...some of the districts were WILD.....

No option to buy a specific year....I doubt we ever do that.....to us the 20$ yearly subscription price nearly pays for itself just with the summer magazine (whose price is being raised at newstands FYI)....add in the value of Jerry's rankings, the premium podcast, access to the digital DCTF archive I think its a decent value....

All-State

I have alway bought the magazine over the years, and have been a subscriber now for a few years. This is a great bonus to the subscription. Just keeps getting better!
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    I have alway bought the magazine over the years, and have been a subscriber now for a few years. This is a great bonus to the subscription. Just keeps getting better!
    And we are adding a recruiting section also...

Well dang! I just inherited the complete physical collection back to 1960 from my late Great-Aunt. Wish you'd done this years ago lol.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Yes there were....they weren't as robust in the 60s but its fascinating to me to read about the growth, ebbs and flows of things etc...some of the districts were WILD.....

No option to buy a specific year....I doubt we ever do that.....to us the 20$ yearly subscription price nearly pays for itself just with the summer magazine (whose price is being raised at newstands FYI)....add in the value of Jerry's rankings, the premium podcast, access to the digital DCTF archive I think its a decent value....
    Definitely agree that it’s a good value. I was specifically interested in 1989. Was just wondering if I could pay like 5 bucks and get that one. No sweat. I’ll probably subscribe anyways

All-State

And we are adding a recruiting section also...
    Hey Matt, I was looking in the App Store for DCTF, didn’t see any.

Any plans for a subscribers app in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Hey Matt, I was looking in the App Store for DCTF, didn’t see any.

Any plans for a subscribers app in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think so at least not in the immediate future