Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Canyon leads Pampa 5-3 in Game 1 of that series tonight.....still playing.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Eagles do not score in the 4th.

Argyle 10
    Brownwood 1

End of 4th
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Tate Van Poppel on the mound for Argyle now......he's a junior and non-committed yet. Pretty darn good football player too.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Three up.....three down for Van Poppel. No strike outs, but threw strikes and forced the hitters to swing. Argyle's defense did the rest.....Van Poppel did make one put out on a chopper back to him.

Is that Todd Van Poppel's boy?
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American
    Blog Entries

Hogeboom flies out to right field. Preston King hit a grand slam last time up......ground to short but an error as it bounces off the heel of his glove as he charges it. Dillon Carter had a homer in the 2nd inning. King steals 2nd and that called strike.

All-American
    Blog Entries

He drives King in on a hard hit ball to center......that's the game! Argyle run rules Brownwood in 5 innings.

Argyle 11
    Brownwood 1

Final......Game 2 and Series. Argyle advances to next week's Region 1 Semifinals and will face the winner of the Canyon/Pampa series.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Dillon Carter went 3 for 3 tonight in the win with a 2 run homer. Sean Bolin gets the win walking 3 and striking out 5 and two hits. Bolin did give up a Brownwood solo homer in the first inning. 11 runs on 6 hits and no errors for Argyle......Brownwood committed 4 errors. Argyle moves to (35-1-1) on the season. Brownwood's season ends at (16-12).

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Is that Todd Van Poppel's boy?
    Yep.....sure is! He's a pretty good athlete for Argyle in both football and baseball. He'll be a senior next year.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Canyon wins Game 1 of the series against Pampa tonight 7-5. Game 2 will be played Saturday at 12 noon, and Game 3 thereafter if necessary......all weather-permitting if the storms don't cancel them out.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Canyon defeats Pampa in Game 2 by a score of 15-3 to advance to next week's Region 1 Semis against Argyle. Must've been a run rule game with that kind of score. I kinda thought Canyon might be a hitting machine.....I'm pretty sure they have some very good athletes. Canyon goes to (23-9-1) on the season and Pampa's season ends at (21-1-1).

All-American
    Blog Entries

I think we will see a few one-gamers next week in the regional semifinals. It was kind of unusual to not have any this week in 4A. Usually, the underdog team will want that against their opponent......but they have to win the coin flip to get it.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Canyon defeats Pampa in Game 2 by a score of 15-3 to advance to next week's Region 1 Semis against Argyle. Must've been a run rule game with that kind of score. I kinda thought Canyon might be a hitting machine.....I'm pretty sure they have some very good athletes. Canyon goes to (23-9-1) on the season and Pampa's season ends at (21-1-1).
    Pampa ends at 21-11-1......correction of mistype.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I wonder what the Texas high school record is for grand slams by a team in a season??? I wonder if they even keep track of such a stat? Maybe there is a national record? Argyle has hit at least 6 of them this season to my knowledge......maybe more that I'm not even aware of. I'm fairly certain that kind of stat would be on the "unusual" side for playing less than 40 games in a season. There's probably been some team that hit 10 or more in a season before.....but it would be interesting to see what that number is.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Never mind......I read online where one player hit 7 grand slams in a season. That's the record for one player in a season. I saw where a team hit 3 in one game......but couldn't find anything on grand slams by a team in a season. I guess it's not a recorded stat. The MLB record for Grand Slams in a season by one player is 6.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 05-19-2019 at 12:08 AM.