Starting the season out as the Top-ranking team in the nation, the Eagles finally faltered and lost to Southlake Carroll this weekend. Their continuous win streak was broken at 50 straight games......even though they did play to a 4-4 tie early this season in their 5th outing in the Texas Border Olympics Tournament to Corpus Christi Ray.....that game was played in Corpus Christi in inclimate weather. Argyle currently stands at 14-1-1 after going 5-1 this weekend at the Highland Park Tournament against some top teams from the Metroplex. Most likely Argyle will fall from their #1 spot even though they dropped a game to a ranked opponent. Colleyville Heritage stood at #3 nationally this week with Bobby Witt, Jr......perhaps the #1 high school recruit in the nation for the pro draft. Lake Travis had moved up this week to #6.....so I'm not sure how much Argyle will fall in the rankings next week. I'm guessing some, but not much. They have beat some very quality teams all over Texas this early season and have a full schedule of 32 games before any playoff games. That's quite a full schedule to play in such a short time at the high school level.....and the weather so far this early baseball season has been poor and cold. Argyle has 11 Division I commits on their team this season.....kinda unbelievable in baseball. That means some of these commits are not even starting some games. Yep......Argyle is LOADED this season again in baseball.....otherwise they would not have so many wins already and top-ranked nationally among the best regardless of school size.