Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Larsen up and 1-2 now.......a foul tip into the glove of Nico Patrick and that ends it. Argyle run rules Canyon in Game 2 to end the series and advance to next week's Region 1 Final against Iowa Park.

Argyle 19
    Canyon 1

Final
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle score 19 runs on 19 hits and no errors. Bolin gets the win to go 8-1 on the season giving up 2 hits and 5 K's with one walk in 3 innings pitched. Argyle 19 for 34 at the plate with 4 strikeouts. You must throw strikes and not make errors against Argyle.....end of story. 7 K's and 2 hits allowed by the Argyle pitchers tonight.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle(37-1-1 now) will meet a very good Iowa Park Hawks(34-2) next week in the Region 1 Finals. We know Iowa Park is good......we just don't know how good. Argyle did play them in mid-season before district play began and won 9-2, but that was IN Argyle and a long time ago. I have a gut feeling that Iowa Park will want a best of 3 series against Argyle since they lost in a single game earlier this season. Besides......it gives their team more chances against Argyle. If I was the coach for IP, I guess I would give my players every opportunity to win.....which means playing a series instead of a one-gamer.

All-American
    Blog Entries

But I could be totally wrong on this account......maybe Iowa Park will feel they have their best chance in a one-gamer scenario for all the marbles. Of course, they will have to win the coin flip first. I'm pretty sure Argyle and Coach Griffin will want a series in the regional final. Why chance a one-gamer if you don't have to? When you have the horses, then let them run.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Both teams will get plenty of rest this Memorial Day Holiday weekend to take some time off for something besides the pressure of playoff baseball. I'm not sure how it will affect the players, but I would think a little time off for some R&R might be coming at the perfect time for both of these teams. It's been a looong, arduous season for both of these stellar teams to keep winning every game of every week for the entire season.......39 games for Argyle and 36 games for Iowa Park. Both have earned this holiday weekend.

All-American
    Blog Entries

No time was wasted......the Region 1 Final is set. Iowa Park(34-2) won the flip and opted for a one-gamer against Argyle(37-1-1) for all the marbles. It will be the Eagles vs the Hawks.....and one fine team will be soaring in the winds on their way to Austin at this time next week. Best wishes to all the players and coaches for a fantastic season on both teams.....it's been a heckuva ride to get here. The game is set for Wednesday night at ACU with the first pitch at 8 PM.
    GO EAGLES!!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure this will be a grillin' and ice cream weekend for most of us......maybe some fruit and salad too. I cut up a whole watermelon yesterday into nice squares(without the rind) and put it in the frig in plastic containers. Of course I had a little bit too.....just couldn't resist! Looks like summer is finally here.....even though we kinda skipped right thru the spring with cold, wet, rainy, and stormy weather. Everybody enjoy your holidays and spend some time with your family.

All-American

Where is ACU at ?

All-District

Abilene

All-American
    Blog Entries

There are two good articles about Argyle the last two days if you google the Denton Record Chronicle. If I knew how to show the links here......I would put them up here for you.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    There are two good articles about Argyle the last two days if you google the Denton Record Chronicle. If I knew how to show the links here......I would put them up here for you.
    Here you go Regal:

https://www.dentonrc.com/rsssports/b...c25033cbb.html

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/base...603127a02.html

All-American
    Blog Entries

Over in Region 2......Benbrook just won Game 3 against Longview Spring Hill 5-2 to advance to the regional final to face Kilgore or Melissa. Kilgore is leading Melissa right now in Game 3, but that game is still in question. Last I heard, Kilgore was ahead in the 3rd inning 3-1.....but that was an hour ago.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm hearing now that Melissa and Kilgore are tied at 3-3, but I don't know what inning and who's home team.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Top of the 7th now and Kilgore has a 4-3 lead. Kilgore is home team. Melissa needs a run or this series will be over.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Kilgore wins Game 3 against Melissa 4-3 to advance to the Region 2 Finals against Benbrook next week. Congrats to Kilgore and Benbrook for advancing.