All-District

Default What happens in the Locker room stays there - Yoakum

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/cou...9ce48da0c.html

Yoakum High School faculty and athletes lied to grand jurors about a locker room vandalism in nearby Goliad County, authorities say.
    “They have joined that code of silence,” said District Attorney Rob Lassmann, adding, “What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.”

Practice Squad

Would make them Dress on the Bus next season. It’s a great way to have teams take you off their schedules.

Blog Entries

Thats better than what was happening in Huntington's locker room.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-District

I thought it was so easy for a grand jury to indict, that a ham sandwich could be. Sounds like the DA should of got ALL the facts, before presenting case to them. Lassmann, should be ashamed running to judgment here. Today's society, convict before knowing ALL the facts.

Per article -
    "Lassmann said he thought grand jurors chose not to indict because they had not received all the facts" --

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    I thought it was so easy for a grand jury to indict, that a ham sandwich could be. Sounds like the DA should of got ALL the facts, before presenting case to them. Lassmann, should be ashamed running to judgment here. Today's society, convict before knowing ALL the facts.

Per article -
    "Lassmann said he thought grand jurors chose not to indict because they had not received all the facts" --

I read that as they didn't get all the facts because those that testified clammed up and didn't get them anything or knowingly withheld the facts.

It seems to be a situation where everyone knows who did it but unless they talk, nobody will be punished.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Thats better than what was happening in Huntington's locker room.
    Or La Vernia

Junior Varsity

They questioned a ton of kids and coaches, they all told the truth but just maybe the DA is bound and determine to find fault where there is none.Im not going to pretend that I’m a lawyer but two kids confessed and are paying the price for stupidity.

All-American
    Blog Entries

What happened inside that locker room does NOT stay inside that locker room......so those guilty will forever live with it and answer to the Supreme Judge of this world.....one way or another. Withholding evidence and information also makes that person at least complicit to the crime committed. Right is right and wrong is wrong as long as the day is long.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    They questioned a ton of kids and coaches, they all told the truth but just maybe the DA is bound and determine to find fault where there is none.Im not going to pretend that I’m a lawyer but two kids confessed and are paying the price for stupidity.
    That's my story and I am sticking with it! Sounds about what the investigation revealed. You do know the DA and LEO's have the info but when silence remains the status quo this is what happens. Time will tell. Has Yoakum reimbursed Goliad for the damages?

Junior Varsity

Chips that’s not “my” story, I have two nephews on the team and that’s what I was told by them and many others who have kids on the team. There’s no conspiracy to coverup anything. If the DA has evidence to prove otherwise let him use it and bring charges. But apparently he doesn’t have that evidence and making accusations without that evidence is not very professional and it’s just wrong. He took what he had to a grand jury and they failed to convict the two boys on felonies. Those boys know they made a very bad mistake and they will pay the price.
    This is my final word on this subject. You asked if all the repairs have been made? I do not know if the repairs are done or being done now.

All-District

He did not ask if repairs were done. He asked if Yoakum had reimbursed Goliad.