Letterman

Default Region II Playoff Lower Bracket will be tough to win for any team

The lower bracket in 4A starting with G9 down to G16 is loaded with talent. I really can't predict who will win but I'm pulling for Kennedale.
    There are 9 teams in the state top 20 ( TABC ) within this 4A bracket including:

1) Wilmur Hutchins
    3) Oak Cliff Faith Family Academy (*)
    5) Dallas Carter (*)
    14) Dallas Lincoln (*)
    11) Spring Hill
    16) Melissa
    13) Paris
    6) Kennedale (*)
    7) Dunbar

I believe District 12 is so strong, that fourth place in D12 will beat the winner in D11.
    Kennedale plays Dunbar tonight for the district championship. Kennedale won earlier by 20 points.
    I feel bad for Dunbar probably playing Wilmur Hutchins in the secound round.
    Wilmur Hutchins should have a cake walk through their upper bracket while Kennedale will be in a dog fight all the way.

LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN>
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Letterman

Kennedale suffered defeat at the hands of No. 7 Dunbar last night. Now there will be another game to determine first and second place. I did not see that coming. The Kennedale gym was full on both sides and it was loud and raucous.
    What can I say? Dunbar came to play and they just just outplayed us. Good show Dunbar.
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Letterman

Here I am again after Kennedale defeated Dunbar in OT for District 9 first place. This was a season highlight game for all classes in Texas. It was an emotional roller coaster with both teams playing their hearts out. With the score tied at 82, Dunbar drove the base line for a backboard 2 pointer with less than a second on the game clock.
    The Dunbar crowd went crazy. They did not see the referee blowing his whistle during the celebration showing the player had stepped out of bounds. I believe that letdown was a big factor in the 4 minute OT loss that Dunbar suffered. It appears Dunbar will probably play No. 1 Wilmur-Hutchins in the second round. I would not be surprised
    if Dunbar upsets them. In a different bracket, Kennedale will face some more top 10 teams from District 10 and 12. This should be one of the best tournaments in a long time from Region II. Can't wait to go to Texas A&M, Commerce (if we make it that far). Good luck to all.
    Don't Mess With the CAT