Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starter

Default Off Season workouts of OLD

How many here can relate to off season workouts where you pulled tires, climbed rope, did various parallel bar exercise including dips . Back in the 70's Celina was a much smaller school with limited finances as most of the other schools that it played . With limited resources the Coaches had to be creative on drills for strength and conditioning. Back then we had just the standard Universal weight machine and one free weight set for dead lifts and squats. Most of our off season training was done outside doing the above mentioned items and several others that I just cannot remember. I actually thought lifting weights was much easier than doing all the outdoor stuff .

All-District

Back in my day we played all the sports and never had an offseason.

Don't forget hauling hay. Square bales.

Starter

God , I hauled hay every summer sometimes starting in May before school was even out all they thru 2 -A-Days till school started . Very few people understand the art of stacking a bale of hey on a truck so it will make it all the way to a barn that is 10 miles away without having to tie it down. LOL! The only job where I would come back weighing less than when I started the job.

Starter

If I remember right you can get close to 700 square bales in a standard 52' trailer. I know you can stack them 6 tall and 7 wide, I just don't remember how deep.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Starter

I remember when I got strong enough to throw on and stack in the barn instead of driving and throwing off I went from 3 cents a bale to 7 cents man I thought I was really making it then.