Thread: Baseball Season

All-District

Default Baseball Season

For the 2 or 3 that care, today is the first official day of after school baseball. With that said, if you/your team has waited until today to think about/get better at baseball, you are way behind. Going in, Argyle and Sweeny are the clear favorites to rematch at the Disch. Argyle returns almost all of their team from last years undefeated state championship run. They have a whole bunch that have already signed/committed to major D1 programs. Sweeny is right behind them. Sweeny held their own last year until Argyle was able to put together a big inning late in the game. Sweeny to returns several of their studs that have signed D1. Best of luck to all of those involved.

How many D1 players are there on these teams? I honestly can't see anybody beating Argyle this season either.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-District

My unscientific research shows that Argyle had 6 baseballers sign D1 in the fall: Dillon Carter (tech), Sean Bolin (utah), Hayden Clearman (ACU), Brenden Dixon (UT), Austin King (UTRGV), and Preston King (UTRGV). Sweeny has 3 guys that I know of: Caden Homniok (A&M), Quinton Martin (Rice), Jackson Kiddy (UIW). These are just the ones I found in my research, there may be more. Quite an impressive list.

Practice Squad

Sweeny has a couple others also. Wes Folse and Blake Benevides are going to Sam Houston State

All-American

Isn't Sweeny in a different district 24-4A in Region III?
    Bay City, La Marque, Columbia and Brazosport

25-4A in Region IV with El Campo, Wharton, Sealy, Brookshire Royal, Fulshear, Needville, Stafford

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Isn't Sweeny in a different district 24-4A in Region III?
    Bay City, La Marque, Columbia and Brazosport

25-4A in Region IV with El Campo, Wharton, Sealy, Brookshire Royal, Fulshear, Needville, Stafford
    Yes that is correct

Cuero is the early favorite to come out of Region IV.

Sinton and Robstown stumble last season, i don't think it'll happen again and both should be in the group that will battle Cuero for Region IV.

Glad Sinton change up their tournament to start the season, they'll be in Cuero Tournament to start their season on Feb 21st. They follow that up with Corpus Christi Mira tourney and then the Victoria West Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    How many D1 players are there on these teams? I honestly can't see anybody beating Argyle this season either.
    Looks like Argyle currently has 15 players that have committed to playing baseball in college with 10 of those being DI programs.

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/texas/commitments

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.