All-District

Default Whittington's dominant performance

How dominant was Jordan Wittington? It was obvious that announcers were enamored with him. All they could talk about was JW even when Kieran Grant was carrying the ball. One of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen. Can't say that I am sorry to see him going on to the THE UNIVERSITY. It will even the playing field when the Apaches are playing the Gobblers. Congratulations Gobblers on your trophy.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    How dominant was Jordan Wittington? It was obvious that announcers were enamored with him. All they could talk about was JW even when Kieran Grant was carrying the ball. One of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen. Can't say that I am sorry to see him going on to the THE UNIVERSITY. It will even the playing field when the Apaches are playing the Gobblers. Congratulations Gobblers on your trophy.
    ......and it's not like JW was playing against a crappy team, it was Pleasant Grove for God sake. I mean PG's defense knew he was getting the ball, they knew he was running it, couldn't stop him. I've watched Texas High School football a long time and I've tried to remember a dominate player to that level and I can't. I project him starting (WR, kick return) at UT in 2019 without problem, YAC will be unreal.

All-American

Pleasant Grove posters on the other site are tending to blame the loss on the absence of Landon Jackson, their best player, to a knee injury late in the regular season.

This is not surprising to me. It is a very typical ratalionalization from an overconfident fanbase that thinks its team is already a dynasty due to its football genius coach who can never be outcoached.

Gilmer had a lot of posters on that same site with that same kind of attitude back in the day. Now apathy rules our fanbase.

Landon Jackson is good, but he is no Jordan Whittington. I think Cuero still would have won.

It evokes nostalgia in me to view those posts from the Hawk faithful who are still new to winning.

TPG got off to a great start, but they had no answer for Whittington. That was evident as the game went on. Plain and simple

Jordan Wittington was not going to be denied this State Championship. Pleasant Grove wouldn't have stopped with 2 more players on the field.

My friends and I said something similar about LaVega... It seemed with LH being so 1 dimensional, that LV could have slowed down the slot T enough to win with only 10 guys out there

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    My friends and I said something similar about LaVega... It seemed with LH being so 1 dimensional, that LV could have slowed down the slot T enough to win with only 10 guys out there

Very possible, LaVega had some wicked speed

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Pleasant Grove posters on the other site are tending to blame the loss on the absence of Landon Jackson, their best player, to a knee injury late in the regular season.

This is not surprising to me. It is a very typical ratalionalization from an overconfident fanbase that thinks its team is already a dynasty due to its football genius coach who can never be outcoached.

Gilmer had a lot of posters on that same site with that same kind of attitude back in the day. Now apathy rules our fanbase.

Landon Jackson is good, but he is no Jordan Whittington. I think Cuero still would have won.

It evokes nostalgia in me to view those posts from the Hawk faithful who are still new to winning.
    I was very impressed with Cuero's halftime adjustments. They were a totally different team that second half. PG had no answer after those adjustments, and were basically shut down completely on offense. Jordan Whittington is one of the most dominant players I've seen at the 4A level in a long while. He had a great supporting cast, too.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II