Default Sinton AD/HC Tom Allen to retire

Per Matt’s Twitter announcement (from my tip) Coach Allen has announced his retirement. He will remain on until a replacement has been found. This is a huge loss for our community. Coach Allen always said he would retire from Sinton; none of us thought it would be this early. Life is not fair. He would be the first to give us a great speech about how to handle the tough breaks life hands us. He is a great man, and a great coach! We will miss him and continue to keep him & his family in our prayers.

Sinton has some good groups coming up to go along with next years juniors and seniors. Sinton did very well under Coach Tom Allen at the helm, new coach should have some good kids to work with.

Coach Allen praying for him to beat his illness.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Per Matt’s Twitter announcement (from my tip) Coach Allen has announced his retirement. He will remain on until a replacement has been found. This is a huge loss for our community. Coach Allen always said he would retire from Sinton; none of us thought it would be this early. Life is not fair. He would be the first to give us a great speech about how to handle the tough breaks life hands us. He is a great man, and a great coach! We will miss him and continue to keep him & his family in our prayers.
    Its good to have sources

Prayers for Coach Allen. Great inspiration for kids everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Starter

Any news on Coach Allen's replacement? At this point in time, I'll accept rumors and or gossip.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Sinton has some good groups coming up to go along with next years juniors and seniors. Sinton did very well under Coach Tom Allen at the helm, new coach should have some good kids to work with.

Coach Allen praying for him to beat his illness.
    Illness? I was not aware. What is he battling?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Illness? I was not aware. What is he battling?
    Multiple System Atrophy

Quote Originally Posted by SINTON81 View Post
    Any news on Coach Allen's replacement? At this point in time, I'll accept rumors and or gossip.
    i'll start with the rumors/gossip best one i've heard and i like that rumor if true. Brent Davis.

Now the actual postings so far:

Rudy at SanPat News
    @rdy1114
    23h23 hours ago
    More
    Per Sinton ISD Superintendent Dr. Chad Jones, they will interview 12 applicants during first round and call back approximately three finalists. Should things work out like clockwork they could make hire at February Board meeting. If not will probably be March.

All-American

i'll start with the rumors/gossip best one i've heard and i like that rumor if true. Brent Davis.

Now the actual postings so far:

Rudy at SanPat News
    @rdy1114
    23h23 hours ago
    More
    Per Sinton ISD Superintendent Dr. Chad Jones, they will interview 12 applicants during first round and call back approximately three finalists. Should things work out like clockwork they could make hire at February Board meeting. If not will probably be March.
    Davis is a pipe dream...they can't pay him what he's making in San Angelo....if Davis was involved I promise you they wouldn't be interviewing a dozen candidates.....things can change quickly but as of now I'd say that dream isn't happening

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Davis is a pipe dream...they can't pay him what he's making in San Angelo....if Davis was involved I promise you they wouldn't be interviewing a dozen candidates.....things can change quickly but as of now I'd say that dream isn't happening
    Heard from several he is interested in coming back, but some demands will have to be met and they're positive ones for the kids. Wait and see how it goes with the applicants if they go that route.

All-American

Heard from several he is interested in coming back, but some demands will have to be met and they're positive ones for the kids. Wait and see how it goes with the applicants if they go that route.
    I highly doubt Davis comes back but it's nice to know they are not just going to hire in house.