View Poll Results: Who is 4A-D1 Champion ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill Panthers

12 34.29%
  • La Vega Pirates

17 48.57%
  • To Close To Call

6 17.14%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-District

LaVega by 14 to 21.
    They have I believe 7 starters back from last years defense.
    LH has earn the right to play for the title by beating a very good Dawg team. After watching them with that hide and seek offense that they run to perfection, I just don’t believe they can run on LV the way they did on the Dawgs.
    LV is just to fast. LH broke some runs on the Dawgs for long touch downs that won’t happen on the LV D backs.
    Will be a great ball game, but LV wins by 14 maybe 21.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    LaVega by 14 to 21.
    LH has earn the right to play for the title by beating a very good Dawg team. After watching them with that hide and seek offense that they run to perfection, I just don’t believe they can run on LV the way they did on the Dawgs.
    LV is just to fast. LH broke some runs on the Dawgs for long touch downs that won’t happen on the LV D backs.
    14 is what you predicted Carthage to beat us by, and that didn't work out too well. They may do it, but they may not. Sure we were in the same district the last two years. And sure, they've beat us 4/4 times. They're not playing the 2015, '16 or '17 LH team. Regardless of the score both teams are going to feel it Saturday.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    Two or three weeks after we lost to Hutto by one in OT, I started realizing how much this LH team reminds me of our 2006 team. It's not the kids or the coaches or even the way they run plays. It's a gel factor. They just "work". If you haven't watched us year in and year out, you won't understand it. But they have that something that makes them special. Whether or not it's enough is too soon to know for sure. But I've got a feeling (woo woo) that Friday's the night.
    Well said. This is a team, the sports journalist can even see it. I believe they have enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

La Vega look good last Friday, both teams know what to expect. Here few plays from La Vega/Decatur game

All-State

LaVega by 14 to 21.
    This sounds very familiar........
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

LaVega by 14 to 21.
    Words would just get in the way.
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Don't know much about this LV team, but have seen them in the past.....one observation from past teams is if something goes wrong, players get rattled and they start to bicker amongst themselves......not saying this will happen to this team......bit that's one thing to look for..... and thats something I have never seen LH teams do........

......nevertheless....purple still sucks!!!...that was just for you panfan.....
    I’ll be waiving a big purple finger just for you at jerrtwolrd, then a black one from Ft. Worth. Look for it,,,,,,,,,
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

For most of this season, I've been watching an undersized team with less overall speed play against athletically superior guys, but come away with the win in most situations. They are a run heavy team who does not pass much but when they do, it is effective, most of the time. Panthers? No Army. The similarities are uncanny. In this LH team, I see many of the same qualities I see in the Black knights, team unity, never die, never quit attitude, play to the whistle, and absolute execution. These things are why LH has a strong opportunity to win Saturday, not cause they are bigger or faster, they aren't. But they can kick ass equally as well, just in a different way!! Good luck LH, See ya'll saturday laying it all on the line.
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

LaVega by 14 to 21.
    And CC, I was just messing with ya, you got an opinion and your puttin it out there just like the rest of us, you are just wrong!
    You Talking to Me?

Starter

As I think about this game we all know both of these teams can score so it really comes down to their defense. Which team is going to be able to force the other to punt at least 4 to 6 times during this ball game. One plus that might be small in consideration , but La Vega had the opportunity to play last week at Jerry World so playing there for a second week in a row might take some of the awe struck some players get when they play at such a facility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    As I think about this game we all know both of these teams can score so it really comes down to their defense. Which team is going to be able to force the other to punt at least 4 to 6 times during this ball game. One plus that might be small in consideration , but La Vega had the opportunity to play last week at Jerry World so playing there for a second week in a row might take some of the awe struck some players get when they play at such a facility.
    You have a very valid point - the venue will be overwhelming, but I hope they will (LH that is) gather themselves quickly. Ignore that big video screen, and go to work. I know our punter, if he punts will likely bounce a few off the bottom of the megatron.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post

Man, it may only take 2-3 punts and a crucial fourth-and-short stop or something like that. Hell, one punt may do it. If one of these teams forces the other team to punt six times, this game will be a blowout in one direction or the other.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Man, it may only take 2-3 punts and a crucial fourth-and-short stop or something like that. Hell, one punt may do it. If one of these teams forces the other team to punt six times, this game will be a blowout in one direction or the other.
    Yeah I think your assessment makes more sense . Third and long when it does occur for either team could be key to the ball game.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    For most of this season, I've been watching an undersized team with less overall speed play against athletically superior guys, but come away with the win in most situations. They are a run heavy team who does not pass much but when they do, it is effective, most of the time. Panthers? No Army. The similarities are uncanny. In this LH team, I see many of the same qualities I see in the Black knights, team unity, never die, never quit attitude, play to the whistle, and absolute execution. These things are why LH has a strong opportunity to win Saturday, not cause they are bigger or faster, they aren't. But they can kick ass equally as well, just in a different way!! Good luck LH, See ya'll saturday laying it all on the line.
    Amen!!!

Neat Todd Jason Video of LH Semi Final win:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vel5jWKHc3o&feature=share
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 12-18-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    For most of this season, I've been watching an undersized team with less overall speed play against athletically superior guys, but come away with the win in most situations. They are a run heavy team who does not pass much but when they do, it is effective, most of the time. Panthers? No Army. The similarities are uncanny. In this LH team, I see many of the same qualities I see in the Black knights, team unity, never die, never quit attitude, play to the whistle, and absolute execution. These things are why LH has a strong opportunity to win Friday, not cause they are bigger or faster, they aren't. But they can kick ass equally as well, just in a different way!! Good luck LH, See ya'll Friday laying it all on the line.
    I fixed it for ya......it was greendawg’s fault!
    Rockets Never Quit!