View Poll Results: Who is 4A-D1 Champion ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill Panthers

12 34.29%
  • La Vega Pirates

17 48.57%
  • To Close To Call

6 17.14%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    All-State

Default 4A-D1 Texas High School Championship: Liberty Hill vs La Vega

A Date with Destiny, (13-1) Liberty Hill vs (13-2) La Vega for the 4A Division 1 Title.

These two programs have locked horns for the past few years and La Vega has won all the previous contest. This years Liberty Hill team is very strong and Determined, this was shown by ending the longest active streak in all of Texas HS football and downing the mighty Carthage Bulldogs.

Both Teams POUND THE ROCK, What? running teams are not supposed to go to state championships in the days of the king air raid offenses, this is preposterous......

Well all the air raid spreads are all now playing basketball in the gym on wood, where it belongs.

Only 2 very fundamental football teams remain for 2018, The Panthers and Pirates.

I am personally attached to this Liberty Hill team with the strongest of bonds as I have 2 Sons playing on the team along with the fact that I was blessed to coach these kids in either youth tackle football, Lineman challenge, and 7on7, some in all 3. They are my Football Children and I am beyond proud of them.

I of course am confident in Liberty Hill bringing home the Title and will LEAVE A LEGACY !!!
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

I think you know I have immense respect for you & LH; nonetheless, I believe LV will win this game.
    Rockets Never Quit!

Sticking with my pick em team, LH...

Blog Entries

LH can win, but must execute at the high est level. LV too talented to not be absolutely perfect.

Blog Entries

Great story LHPfactory! I know you must be proud. Beat of luck to you, your sons and football sons. Looking for a great game. I really think LH will have some success due to how well they execute and the rate of speed and quickness the execution is. But man, LV is on a level that’s just hard to stop. You never know how the ball will bounce. Looking for a great SC game. I plan to be there early!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American
    Blog Entries

I voted Too Close to Call because even though it appears La Vega has more speed at more positions and some very huge linemen, I believe Liberty Hill has something special driving this team to victories this season. I also believe that special teams, turnovers, and penalties(called or missed) could all play a role in this game......that it will be very close. Obviously La Vega is very talented, but also very young and prone to making mistakes moreso than a more seasoned bunch......not saying they will......but are just more prone to especially in a game for the SC. LH will need to hold onto the ball and play with the same tenacity that they have in the playoffs and all year to win, IMHO. La Vega definitely will present serious problems for any defense to stop the entire game, but a ground and pound team like LH may be just what the doctor ordered against the Pirates.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Starter

Welcome back Hollywood and Regal as we missed you last week participating, but happy to see you back for this weeks big game and I enjoy both of yours insight ! With that said I have no clue which team is going to come home with the title as i see this game as a toss up. La Vega has speed and size per others description and Liberty Hill has a power with their offensive line and running backs with quickness on defense. I am going to have to study on this game some more.

All-American

La Vega by at least 2 TD's. I believe this team is the best they've ever had and the scary thing is they are young, very young. This team will be back next year almost fully intact.

All-American

Looking at La Vega, it appears that they are quite a bit more athletic across the board than Carthage was — save for Dixon — but not nearly as versatile, from what I've seen. Their offensive/defensive lines are bigger, but they appear to be about on par with what the Dawgs had. But the offensive line doesn't have to do much because of the stable of thoroughbreds the Pirates run out of the backfield. Richardson is a grown man among little boys, but he's far from the only game breaker. If he gets to the second level, just don't even bother. Use the time it takes him to get to the end zone to just catch a quick breather. And make sure you have all your affairs in order if you're going to try to tackle him up high. From an athletic standpoint, when you look at this matchup, it doesn't make sense. It looks like an easy, easy La Vega win.

But, I think you could've said the same thing — and many did, and believed it — about Carthage and LH. There's just something about this Panthers team. And while it doesn't make any sense, and I can't find a way to explain how LH is going to win enough of their assignments and matchups to get this thing done, I think that's exactly what LH does. I think the Panthers pull yet another upset and bring home that long-awaited third state championship.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    La Vega by at least 2 TD's. I believe this team is the best they've ever had and the scary thing is they are young, very young. This team will be back next year almost fully intact.

The coming years in 4A Div. I are going to be nasty. There are going to be some very, very talented teams.
    Texas Forever.

Don't know much about this LV team, but have seen them in the past.....one observation from past teams is if something goes wrong, players get rattled and they start to bicker amongst themselves......not saying this will happen to this team......bit that's one thing to look for..... and thats something I have never seen LH teams do........

......nevertheless....purple still sucks!!!...that was just for you panfan.....

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Two or three weeks after we lost to Hutto by one in OT, I started realizing how much this LH team reminds me of our 2006 team. It's not the kids or the coaches or even the way they run plays. It's a gel factor. They just "work". If you haven't watched us year in and year out, you won't understand it. But they have that something that makes them special. Whether or not it's enough is too soon to know for sure. But I've got a feeling (woo woo) that Friday's the night.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    Two or three weeks after we lost to Hutto by one in OT, I started realizing how much this LH team reminds me of our 2006 team. It's not the kids or the coaches or even the way they run plays. It's a gel factor. They just "work". If you haven't watched us year in and year out, you won't understand it. But they have that something that makes them special. Whether or not it's enough is too soon to know for sure. But I've got a feeling (woo woo) that Friday's the night.
    I'm hoping you are right!

Starter

I read the American Statesman Sunday sport section and saw where LH running back Kyle Harrison is quoted saying "Forty and 0 is overrated " and I understand the young mans excitement after winning such a big game , but it makes me wonder if LH is not already thinking they have already won the championship !
    Last edited by Celina8; 12-17-2018 at 06:04 PM. Reason: misspelling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    I read the American Statesman Sunday sport section and saw where LH running back Kyle Harrison is quoted saying "Forty and 0 is overrated " and I understand the young mans excitement after winning such a big game , but it makes me wonder if LH is not already thinking they have already won the championship !
    Not at all - I saw the news footage of this and his response was taken out of context. he indicated that on some social media site, that a number of players from Carthage had been talking crap abut him and LH, too small, overrated, etc. His response at the time, was Forty and 0 is overrated. I did not catch the question posed during the interview, but none the less, his response, pointed as it may have been was to the naysayers, nothing more.
    You Talking to Me?