Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Remember going to hear George Strait at a dive club in Austin about 30 years ago
    I can't help it ...... what does that have to do with Alvin Shadow Creek ????????

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Remember going to hear George Strait at a dive club in Austin about 30 years ago
    Alvin triggered a flash back?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLion73 View Post
    Alvin triggered a flash back?
    Maybe the A in Austin and Alvin got him confused.

All-American

mean to say Alvin

All-American

mean to say Alvin
    Probably at Bohickees.

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    It's within the Alvin ISD attendance zone. Have to think back or imagine to a time before the area was developed and was rural. Kids in that rural area were zone to Alvin ISD. I believe the schools physical address is in Pearland.
    Yeah... but they don’t call manvel high school (also in Alvin ISD) Alvin manvel....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Yeah... but they don’t call manvel high school (also in Alvin ISD) Alvin manvel....
    Probably because one is a school named after it's community and the other is just a school name.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Probably because one is a school named after it's community and the other is just a school name.
    And I can't really call it "Pearland Shadow Creek" because that would really confuse folks

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    And I can't really call it "Pearland Shadow Creek" because that would really confuse folks
    If they win,they may have heck of a time deciding which water tower to paint and where to put the "City of Champions" signs. May not get resolved before the start of 7 on 7.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Yeah, I get that but there’s lots of examples where that’s not the case. I just don’t get the point of tacking on the district name I guess

All-American

Yeah, I get that but there’s lots of examples where that’s not the case. I just don’t get the point of tacking on the district name I guess
    At the statewide level it gives others a quick geographic indicator on the location of the school..Houston folks probably just say Shadow Creek....but outside of Houston is different....same in most other locales..locally its just school name..but at the playoff and state level you add city or ISD name

All-American

Good point sometimes there really isn't a rhyme or reason. Sort of like Sachse and Rowlett are Garland ISD but not called Garland Rowlett or Garland Sachse. La Vega is in Bellmead but is called Waco La Vega.

Isn't Clear Brook actually in Friendswood but part of League City ISD?

Maybe after time Alvin will be dropped once Shadow Creek has been opened a while. I remember when I was younger and the Woodlands was often referred to as Conroe The Woodlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    At the statewide level it gives others a quick geographic indicator on the location of the school..Houston folks probably just say Shadow Creek....but outside of Houston is different....same in most other locales..locally its just school name..but at the playoff and state level you add city or ISD name
    Fair enough.

All-American

Houston Bellaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NastySlot View Post
    Good point sometimes there really isn't a rhyme or reason. Sort of like Sachse and Rowlett are Garland ISD but not called Garland Rowlett or Garland Sachse. La Vega is in Bellmead but is called Waco La Vega.

Isn't Clear Brook actually in Friendswood but part of League City ISD?

Maybe after time Alvin will be dropped once Shadow Creek has been opened a while. I remember when I was younger and the Woodlands was often referred to as Conroe The Woodlands.

Off Topic but- I am old enough to remember that at one time The Woodlands High School was known as McCollough.