• Gobblers

27 84.38%
  • Tigers

5 15.63%
  • Too Close To Call

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-American

Silsbee proved how good they were to me when they blew out Wharton with ease

Practice Squad

You can’t go off A beat C by this much and B beat C by this much. Different teams and different matchups. I don’t think anyone from Cuero is being overconfident, at least they shouldn’t. It’s the semis, everyone is good. Hey region 4 gets trashed all the time, we are used to it. Fact is this is our 17th semifinal appearance, and if we are fortunate enough to make past this round it will be our 11title game appearance. No one is saying Silsbee isn’t good, but Cuero clearly has to be the favorite givin there resume. Good luck and health to both, and safe travels for all.
    GO MEAN GREEN!!

All-District

Don't know anything about the Gobblers, but Silsbee has played the Carthage Dawgs hard every year in the playoffs, they have great fans that talk good football over on Smoaky.
    I am pulling for Silsbee and I believe they have a good chance. They usually have good size and speed.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    You can't be talking to me. (1) I'm not a Cuero fan (2) Silsbee knocked EC out of the PO in 2015 and I've paid close attention to them since then. I'm not unfamiliar at all. I haven't seen anybody predict a walkover win for Cuero but so far the poll on here favors Cuero heavily and Pigskin Prep has the Gobblers by 12. Maybe if the four picking Silsbee were more familiar with Cuero......
    Like I said, much of the chatter this week on the Friday Night App has simply brushed aside Silsbee's chances. Plenty of overconfidence on display there. I have no rooting interest in this game, but if Silsbee wins, it will be enjoyable watching the reactions of the ill-informed. Those people need to take the time to learn about their opponent and not assume anything.
    Last edited by griff; 12-13-2018 at 12:34 AM.

I see Cuero being challenged here, before extending it out late and winning 42-21.
    YnoT us?

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Like I said, much of the chatter this week on the Friday Night App has simply brushed aside Silsbee's chances. Plenty of overconfidence on display there. I have no rooting interest in this game, but if Silsbee wins, it will be enjoyable watching the reactions of the ill-informed. Those people need to take the time to learn about their opponent and not assume anything.
    Tell 'em griff.

Let 'em ASSume
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

Default Semis: Silsbee (10-4) vs Cuero (13-1) Friday 7:30 @ Legacy Stadium in Katy

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    You do realize the average age posting over there (on that thread) is prob 15. The hard core, level headed Gobbler fans aren’t spouting off. Believe, Coach Reeve isn’t overlooking anyone. Oh and some of the Silsbee posters aren’t rocket scientists either. Pretty immature all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    You do realize the average age posting over there (on that thread) is prob 15. The hard core, level headed Gobbler fans aren’t spouting off. Believe, Coach Reeve isn’t overlooking anyone. Oh and some of the Silsbee posters aren’t rocket scientists either. Pretty immature all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, I realize that. This site has also seen it's share of adults acting like 15 year olds in the past, as well, but not to the current degree of that place. I said nothing about the team, coach Reeve, or those in the know...only the ill-informed were my target.

Cuero by 3 tds

All-American

Tigers by 10-Look what they did to Wharton

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Tigers by 10-Look what they did to Wharton
    Wharton, a business school. Come on man, Gobs by 4 TD's after that remark.

Who is going to this game?
    I will be there sitting on the Cuero side.

Me and my old man might go. I’ll let him decide if he wants to watch this game or Carthage & LH

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by sk1 View Post
    Who is going to this game?
    I will be there sitting on the Cuero side.
    I will be in press box helping broadcast the game.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Cuero by 3 tds
    I have zero problem with anyone picking Cuero to win. They are the favorite. They will not win by 3 TD's or more.

Sticking with Silsbee, 35-28