41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill

19 46.34%
  • Carthage

22 53.66%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All-District

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I'm just wondering how this year's LH team compares to that 2007 team. That team was really special. The Panthers will have to be close to that team on both sides of the ball to have a shot at the defending champs.
    People are saying they are as good. But that’s hard for me to believe. Those teams were awesome.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    La Vega is too one-dimensional. 17 yds passing against Argyle ain't gonna get it done against whoever they face in the finals. It also ain't gonna rain indoors at Jerry World. Their secondary is not that good. If La Vega gets there the game will be over at the half.
    I don’t know man. They have grown men on both lines, and are hands down the most athletic team left. I am a firm believer it takes a balanced offense nowadays, but when your players are better than everbody else’s players you are going to be hard to beat. I think LV is the favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D 11 View Post
    I’m pretty bummed with the Friday at 7:30 thing...I’m guessing Walker won the toss and picked Houston?? Anyone got the story on that?

Don’t know much about Carthage other than they are Great. But the Slot T is a funny thing that can even the tables really quickly. Thing about the lead up to this game is it’s not ever going to “make sense.” You can watch film or highlights of each team, you can watch the teams warmup on Friday, and every time you’re gonna be like “wow, Carthage is gonna run LH out the building.” But... since 2005 or so, has LH ever been run out the building? Ever?

No one can call plays better than Walker, and I’m sure Surratt knows that, because he surely remembers that Ass Whooping Walker gave him back in 2007. This all boils down to Carthage’s defensive staff...they got 6 short days to figure out and teach the Slot T to their kiddos, and if they can’t get that dialed in, it’s gonna be a BARN BURNER of a shootout on Friday night!
    ...well.....I don't know about "out of the building"...but they did get run "out of the stadium" in 2010 by Burnet 48 to 6......I know cause my boy got blamed for a late hit that gave Barney a fresh set of downs and allowed them to score near the end.....so, it was his fault the shutout was lost.....but, he said it was worth it! hehehehe......he never did like them Barneys....
    purple sucks but I still gotta root for the district team....plus, panfan is my buddy!......GO ARMY!!...saw your boy on TV!

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.......

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ...well.....I don't know about "out of the building"...but they did get run "out of the stadium" in 2010 by Burnet 48 to 6......I know cause my boy got blamed for a late hit that gave Barney a fresh set of downs and allowed them to score near the end.....so, it was his fault the shutout was lost.....but, he said it was worth it! hehehehe......he never did like them Barneys....
    purple sucks but I still gotta root for the district team....plus, panfan is my buddy!......GO ARMY!!...saw your boy on TV!

Houston seems like an odd choice...a little close mileage wise to Liberty Hill but overall travel time is probably close to the same...Waco would probably be closer to neutral but I dont think Surratt likes playing there lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post

He got in a little, still nursing a banged up knee. It was nice to go see the game in person.
    You Talking to Me?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Houston seems like an odd choice...a little close mileage wise to Liberty Hill but overall travel time is probably close to the same...Waco would probably be closer to neutral but I dont think Surratt likes playing there lol
    Surratt loves Corsica thought. Bet he liost the flip.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I'm just wondering how this year's LH team compares to that 2007 team. That team was really special. The Panthers will have to be close to that team on both sides of the ball to have a shot at the defending champs.
    This team has that gel to it that we had then. As good? I'm a little biased, since the beast was part of those years. I will say that they probably are the best overall since those years. And we have two back-to-back players coaching now with several longtime coaches still here, so they know a thing or two about a thing or two. Walker & crew will have these boys ready.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

for what it's worth - pigskin has liberty hill as a 6 point favorite

Blog Entries

This matchup reminds me of the 2014 semi's LH vs navasota. A big speedy team with lots of weapons in a relatively balanced offense vs the run heavy panthers. Recall, that as of half time in that game, LH was winning, but the lead was dwindling. I don't think we adjusted defensively as needed to pressure Navasota's QB and he had all day to wait for their speedy receivers to outrun our secondary. Offensively, we got predictable and in the second half, navasota's D shut down the LH run game.

IMO, keys to this game against Carthage.
    Defense, constant pressure on the QB, don't let him get comfortable. Sure handed tackling, by multiple players. Hit them harder then they have been hit all year (and yes I think we have some guys that can do that). Give them multiple defensive looks and delayed blitzes from different angle. Again don't be predictable.

Offense - no fumbles!.. Don't be predictable, and while many think the Slot T is , it is far from that if called correctly. Keep them honest with some passing, but stick to what you do best, run the ball. Offensive line has got to get the 3 - 4 yard push. Consistently. Chew up the clock and keep their offense off the field.

If LH does what it can do which is execute at a high level, they can beat Carthage. They don't and it will be a long day against a high powered team such as this. I'm gong with LH by a field goal with the expectation that Walker has hammered this into them this week.
    You Talking to Me?

All-District

If Gunner has time, Dixon and Del will run by the LH D backs.
    Carthage has a great O line with two DI linemen and maybe three before it all said and done.
    Carthage is very balanced, running and passing. LH will have to pick their poison. Stop run or stop the pass. Going to be a great game.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    This team has that gel to it that we had then. As good? I'm a little biased, since the beast was part of those years. I will say that they probably are the best overall since those years. And we have two back-to-back players coaching now with several longtime coaches still here, so they know a thing or two about a thing or two. Walker & crew will have these boys ready.
    Neat info about the classes of kids on this team, they were youngsters (Seniors were K and 1st in 06 and 07) when the 2006 and 2007 teams won it all. But many of them were trained from video of those teams when they were in youth. We implemented the LH system top to bottom with this bunch. In youth football I would assign my lineman and running backs to specifically to watch the Beast (Terry) and Bode videos. We really pushed them to model that relentless team play and intensity, and yes meanness between the snap and the whistle that the 2006 and 2007 Champs did so well. Statistically they have passed the 2006 and 2007 teams but it remains to be seen if they can have the same finish, I firmly believe they will.

My Senior was at both Championship games as a little boy, Im hoping to see him play in his own in just over a week, between now and then, Carthage.

LH Panther Mom, I dont blame you for being bias, 2006 and 2007 have done what noone else has done in 104 years of Football at LHHS. I hope the 2018 Team joins them in that feat, they may not have realized it then but the Champs had an impact on the development of this group, its also fitting that some of them are their coaches now.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Starter

If I remember correctly there was a running back on the 2007 team I think he was number 44 who was a monster when he ran the ball. Gosh I cannot remember his name but seems like his last name started with an A or something but he was bigger than most LB and would just run over people.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    If I remember correctly there was a running back on the 2007 team I think he was number 44 who was a monster when he ran the ball. Gosh I cannot remember his name but seems like his last name started with an A or something but he was bigger than most LB and would just run over people.
    Doug Allman, he actually came to these boys youth practices over the years, showed them his rings. This bunch has been grinding for years to get to Arlington, Im praying they go the distance.
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 12-11-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

LHPM, I ran into some of the coaches yesterday at Parker's and I can't believe they've been practicing some 5 wide passing formations this week? Has your son said anything about why they'd abandon the Slot T this week????

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D 11 View Post
    LHPM, I ran into some of the coaches yesterday at Parker's and I can't believe they've been practicing some 5 wide passing formations this week? Has your son said anything about why they'd abandon the Slot T this week????
    Isn't it obvious? Keep your opponent on their toes! Besides, I think some of the boys are a little tired of running so much. (You know, if you pass, there's no running involved. )
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!