View Poll Results: Who ya got?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill

19 46.34%
  • Carthage

22 53.66%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I’m pretty bummed with the Friday at 7:30 thing...I’m guessing Walker won the toss and picked Houston?? Anyone got the story on that?

Don’t know much about Carthage other than they are Great. But the Slot T is a funny thing that can even the tables really quickly. Thing about the lead up to this game is it’s not ever going to “make sense.” You can watch film or highlights of each team, you can watch the teams warmup on Friday, and every time you’re gonna be like “wow, Carthage is gonna run LH out the building.” But... since 2005 or so, has LH ever been run out the building? Ever?

No one can call plays better than Walker, and I’m sure Surratt knows that, because he surely remembers that Ass Whooping Walker gave him back in 2007. This all boils down to Carthage’s defensive staff...they got 6 short days to figure out and teach the Slot T to their kiddos, and if they can’t get that dialed in, it’s gonna be a BARN BURNER of a shootout on Friday night!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D 11 View Post
    I’m pretty bummed with the Friday at 7:30 thing...I’m guessing Walker won the toss and picked Houston?? Anyone got the story on that?

Don’t know much about Carthage other than they are Great. But the Slot T is a funny thing that can even the tables really quickly. Thing about the lead up to this game is it’s not ever going to “make sense.” You can watch film or highlights of each team, you can watch the teams warmup on Friday, and every time you’re gonna be like “wow, Carthage is gonna run LH out the building.” But... since 2005 or so, has LH ever been run out the building? Ever?

No one can call plays better than Walker, and I’m sure Surratt knows that, because he surely remembers that Ass Whooping Walker gave him back in 2007. This all boils down to Carthage’s defensive staff...they got 6 short days to figure out and teach the Slot T to their kiddos, and if they can’t get that dialed in, it’s gonna be a BARN BURNER of a shootout on Friday night!
    I’m almost certain this game is the exact reason Surratt scheduled PG. I think after realignment there was a very, very high possibility this game was going to happen.

All-American

"Blasphemy."

Actually, you're right. Carthage's offense is not boring compared to Liberty Hill's. I was referring to the predictable efficiency of the Carthage machine which steamrolls everything in its path year after year.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I don’t really care either way, but personally I don’t think Carthage looks invincible either. Yeah they beat hendo by a couple scores but nearly got took out by MH.

Carthage definitely the favorite but it’s not over yet
    LaVega is winning this year. Take that to the bank!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    I’m almost certain this game is the exact reason Surratt scheduled PG. I think after realignment there was a very, very high possibility this game was going to happen.
    Dawgs got a decent passing game this year? With their usual D that's about all it will take.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Practice Squad

They have a very good passing game and it's not just one r two guys you have to worry about either had 5 td passes to 5 different receivers against mh

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bansheefan03 View Post
    They have a very good passing game and it's not just one r two guys you have to worry about either had 5 td passes to 5 different receivers against mh
    That should do it. Carthage by 14+.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Carthage has heard that same old mess for years. 6 state championships and 9 semifinals in 11 years tell me a different story.
    If the Dawgs win Friday, I would be willing to bet coach Surratt and Preston will have the Dawgs ready to play.
    Everybody knows how good LV is and that they are really wanting a shot at the champs. They (LV) would be the favorite and I am sure that suits coach Surratt just fine.
    Liberty Hill is all that concerns the Dawgs right now, one game at a time.
    Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Starter

Didn't Kennedale run a the slot T last year and were blowing teams out the entire season until they got to the Finals . I know that LH is good but I actually think Carthage is better than Hutto with many more weapons which was a big game for the Panthers this year.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    "Blasphemy."

Actually, you're right. Carthage's offense is not boring compared to Liberty Hill's. I was referring to the predictable efficiency of the Carthage machine which steamrolls everything in its path year after year.
    Haha. I thought we were beat a couple weeks ago, but again Surratt pulls it out. I agree. It’s getting borderline ridiculous. But I will give the Carthage community credit. Support is at an all time high. Probably more support now than there has ever been. We have dwarfed fan bases this year in the big games. Used to Carthage didn’t have the best fans, but we have really came together. Seems like we never get tired of winning or take it for granted.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    Didn't Kennedale run a the slot T last year and were blowing teams out the entire season until they got to the Finals . I know that LH is good but I actually think Carthage is better than Hutto with many more weapons which was a big game for the Panthers this year.
    They put a lot of points up in the playoffs until they met Carthage. 59, 42, 45, 63, and 54 before the championship. They put 14 on Carthage starters. One of those TD was pretty much a broken play. Carthage dominated them. But listen, this defense pales in comparison to the Carthage D last year. Numbers are close, but the loss of Gates, Colbert, and Brown were huge. All 3 of those guys were 2 x All State selections. Having two 3 year starter 230 lbs LB makes a big difference. We are young at LB this year. We got 1 stud Rayvon Ingram who is a junior. He is really good, but not on that level yet. Our D-Line is as good, so Carthage will need them to have a huge game to help out the LB a little bit.

The problem for LH is being 1 dimensional. You are just not going to beat Coach Preston like that unless you are LV with an offensive line full of 30 year olds and 3 backs who are faster than anybody on our team. What Carthage really is lacking this year is elite speed. But those are problems for next week. Carthage will have a sizable speed advantage Friday.

Honestly just don’t see a way LH wins this game unless they turn Carthage over more than 2 times. I think they need a +3 TO differential to win. PG won the turnover battle, and their single turnover happened on their last drive. Then Carthage ripped their heart out. It’s not that Carthage is unbeatable. Cause they definitely can be beat. It’s just that you can do everything right, and Carthage will rip your heart out on 1 mistake. Look at the MH game. Carthage shouldn’t have even been in that game. MH had 2 different 2 score leads. Had us down 21-6 and 35-21. Has more 1st downs, more yards, more rushing yards, ran more plays but still got beat. Only thing Carthage won was the turnover battle 3-1. Basically this is a long post to say Carthage is hard to beat. I mean really hard. Not sure I’ve ever seen a program as clutch as Surratt’s Carthage. Scary thing is we are getting better and more clutch. Everybody kinda thought Carthage would plateau after the 1st 3 peat, and then that run in 2012 and 2013. But somehow Surratt stayed ahead of the curve and has this program at an all time high. It’s really crazy to think about.
    Last edited by Dawgs; 12-09-2018 at 09:32 PM.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Dawgs got a decent passing game this year? With their usual D that's about all it will take.
    Yes. Not as good as last year, but way above average.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Got nothing wrong with somebody picking LV to win state. I think there is little doubt they are the most talented team this year. Carthage is still a year away from getting back to being elite athletically. Next 2 years we will be back with elite skill kids as they get older, bigger, stronger, and faster.

The question is are you going to bet against Surratt at his house? (That’s if Carthage beats LH obviously) You know better lostaussie. Not saying Carthage wins it, but you want to bet against the GOAT on his home field?

Practice Squad

La Vega is too one-dimensional. 17 yds passing against Argyle ain't gonna get it done against whoever they face in the finals. It also ain't gonna rain indoors at Jerry World. Their secondary is not that good. If La Vega gets there the game will be over at the half.

I'm just wondering how this year's LH team compares to that 2007 team. That team was really special. The Panthers will have to be close to that team on both sides of the ball to have a shot at the defending champs.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II