Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I understand this point. It still doesn't change my opinion. By just saying 'it's an admin position' doesn't magically make it okay then...Principals and supt should make more. Years ago I remember when these coaching salaries started going up, many districts had to give major raises to principals and supt because coaches couldn't make more than those positions. That's wrong . I fault no one for making what they can. I'm simply saying that our priorities are out of whack when we are cutting curriculum all over the place, yet coaches and admin salaries have skyrocketed over the last 10 to 20 years and we're spending $60 million+ on stadiums.
Money for stadiums has absolutely zero to do with teacher salaries, curriculum budgets etc...two totally different pots of money based on Texas school finance law.....I have no problem with a head football coach who is also an AD making an administrator salary....they do a lot of work behind the scenes that the average layperson doesn't know about.....now if we want to say all admin salaries in public schools are bloated...you might be onto something, but compared with other admin positions in most school districts, football coaches are in line...