Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
some simple facts I will post

1. Teachers are underpaid
2. coaches are underpaid
3. generation x parents/liberals/ snowflakes/ helicopter parents, etc are the driving force behind good teachers leaving. Teachers/administrators arent allowed to discipline students anymore and schools are turning into zoo's. Even more of a reason they are underpaid, having to put up with so much BS instead of being allowed to discipline children and teaching them.

and SAGGY in one of your post you made a comment about responsibilities of teachers compared to other jobs and you said teachers dont have to worry about being directly related to the safety of other people???? After reading that I ignored all of your other posts. Absolutely ludicrous of a statement to make.

I also want to address this. My kids go to a very affluent school in San Antonio that is similar to Saggy in Katy - very high achieving with a high level of parent participation. While I tend to agree that discipline is problematic these days, I will also say that over the course of my kids school years (one in college and my last one in middle), I have run into some teachers that are complete idiots. It's amazing to me they were able to graduate from college. Now, that is a small minority, but make no mistake, there are issues on both sides - the parent and school.