All-American

Default Class 3A El Maton-Tidehaven with 7-6 record for State Quarterfinal Game

East Bernard (12-1) vs. El Maton Tidehaven (7-6)
    7:00 p.m. Friday at Iowa Colony’s Freedom Field

Has there ever been a team with 6 losses playing in the regional quarterfinals before. The Tigers pulled a big 17-0 upset last Friday against Matagorda County rival Van Vleck.

Will be much tougher to do against the Brahmas this Friday

All-American

Game moved up to Thursday night

All-American

All-American

Tidehaven put up a good fight to lose by only 17 points as the Brahmas went up 14-0 after the first quarter and then could manage only a f ield goal the rest of the game. EB offense played very conservative most of game but credit Tidehaven's defense. The Tigers fumbled twice in EBs;' end of the field,. Three plays on a third and long after the first TO, EB got a long TD pass. Then after another fumble-EB drove 47 yards in about 8 plays for their second TD. EB missed a long field goal on the last play of the first half but then got 38 yard FG to ice the game, Credit EB defense which didn't allow Tidehaven offense inside Brahma 35 yardline all night

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Tidehaven put up a good fight to lose by only 17 points as the Brahmas went up 14-0 after the first quarter and then could manage only a f ield goal the rest of the game. EB offense played very conservative most of game but credit Tidehaven's defense. The Tigers fumbled twice in EBs;' end of the field,. Three plays on a third and long after the first TO, EB got a long TD pass. Then after another fumble-EB drove 47 yards in about 8 plays for their second TD. EB missed a long field goal on the last play of the first half but then got 38 yard FG to ice the game, Credit EB defense which didn't allow Tidehaven offense inside Brahma 35 yardline all night

EB won't score 10 points next week, hate to say it. I know you're an EB alum, but it's going to be ugly.

All-American

I forget what year it was but one time, a long time ago, Paris was 0-6 and then went on to win the state championship.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I forget what year it was but one time, a long time ago, Paris was 0-6 and then went on to win the state championship.
    I don't think that's right. Paris went 0-3 to start the 1988 season, but went on to win their only state championship. Somebody else, maybe?

The next year, 1989, Chapel Hill went 1-4 in pre-district, then went on to win a state championship. Atlanta matched this feat, going 1-4 in pre-district before winning state in 2003.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Letterman

Decatur is doing it this year. Finished 4-6 and just won the 4a Division 1 final last night against Hereford. They are now 8-6!