Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Practice Squad

Carthage
    Cuero

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by itmoney100 View Post
    I would really advise you to go look at some Waco lavega film! Waco La Vega is going to beat Argyle really bad this week in the rematch between this two team. I watched the Waco Vega versus Paris game and both of those teams are more physical and have way more athletes than Carthage and Argyle. Carthage doesn't have the defense this year in my opinion to match up with Waco La Vegas offense. Carthage's d-line is very good everything else is suspect in my opinion. Waco La Vega has three running backs that if they get past a d line nobody is stopping them. Carthage and Waco La Vega will meet in the state championship and when that happens I pray Carthage wins believe me we're definitely going to need prayer!
    Agree. Surratt is really going to have earn his money this year in the semi-final and final. Carthage can beat Henderson, but after that I don’t know. Both pass and run defense are suspect. I agree the D-Line is talented but they got zero pressure on the MH QB. It’s no secret Carthage is not as strong this year as some other years. But I do believe this team is a little bit better than the team that won a ship in 16’, so I won’t count them out yet. Surratt has done an amazing job this year going 13-0. This is right up there with 2016 as far as his best coaching seasons. To have this team 13-0 is amazing. As for Carthage standards in Surratt’s 12 years this team talent wise is probably one of the weaker teams. 11’, 14’ & 15’ he probably had less talent, but those are the only years I can think of. 16’ was pretty similar but he had better overall talent those years, they were just juniors.

One good thing is that a lot and I mean A LOT of the best players are juniors and sophomores. I think the next 2 years Carthage is going to be special again.The junior and sophomore classes are loaded.

I think Carthage and Argyle are very similar. I think Carthage can beat them because we have better coaching. But I think La Vega would be too much also. They are too big and too fast.

LH is the game I’m not sure about. I’ve seen us beat PG and Kennedale, but I wouldn’t be confident for us to be able to stop the run all game long. I want to say a balanced offense like MH is the way to beat Carthage, but I really don’t know. We will just have to play it out and see what happens.

I still don’t know how on the hell Carthage won on Friday. When it was 35-21 I thought it was over. But that’s one thing Carthage has over every other team. That belief they will win and belief in the coach and system is real. They are for real never say die. Other teams say it, but Carthage really does it. If Carthage wins it this year it will be because of the program Surratt has built. The kids do not believe they can lose. And with a coach like Surratt that is a dangerous team. Marshall, PG, and MH should’ve all beaten Carthage. But none of them did.

Going to be fun the rest of the season. Good luck to all remaining teams.

Any school but Argyle or Carthage.
    Cuero
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Any school but Argyle or Carthage.
    Cuero
    I’m good with your D1 not pick, hopefully LH can be the reason why they aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Practice Squad

Argyle
    Pleasant Grove

Practice Squad

If we get the amount of rain they're forecasting it's going to be hard for both teams to make cuts. Speed is not going to be a major factor unless you're running in a straight line. Running backs are going to encounter a lot of bodies on the ground if they run north and south and it's going to be hard for them to make the turn at the corners. Low scoring game. Final Argyle 17 La Vega 10.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Not making any predictions, LH is focused on La Vernia only until about 11:00pm Friday night.

Make that Saturday @ 5:00pm, but honestly these boys only focus on Liberty Hill, who they play is incidental.

Very Special bunch at Liberty Hill though, Relentless and Tuff, love my football children.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Letterman

Argyle is on a mission and nothing will stop them.
    I'm going with my local guys from Glen Rose, knowing they will get close but no ringer.
    Don't Mess With the CAT

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post

No prediction here.
    No love for the Mustangs to make it 5 in a row. 😁

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle vs La Vega on NFHS streamlined at 7 pm on Friday night......regardless of the weather I guess?
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

5 What. PG won last year.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

In my brackets I have Cuero and Argyle... But after last week I think LaVega could win as well. I'll be rooting for Argyle since they took out Celina. Kids played hard and coaches coached hard. I respect Argyle's team and coaches.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Make that Saturday @ 5:00pm, but honestly these boys only focus on Liberty Hill, who they play is incidental.

Very Special bunch at Liberty Hill though, Relentless and Tuff, love my football children.
    5? The Beast told us 1.

Oh, never mind. That's the end time, duh.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

I’m good with your D1 not pick, hopefully LH can be the reason why they aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be honest, I believe it will be LH but it is so dang hard to say it. lol
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi