Thread: Tough Schedule

All-District

Default Tough Schedule

Coach Crane always talks about scheduling strong teams to make his team stronger in the end. He outdid himself this year. The Apaches ended up 6-6 on the season, but here is the kicker. Five of the six teams that the Apaches lost to are now playing for regional championships. Yoakum, Cuero, Navarro, La Vernia and Liberty Hill all have the chance to advance to the state semis next week. Good luck to you all.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Coach Crane always talks about scheduling strong teams to make his team stronger in the end. He outdid himself this year. The Apaches ended up 6-6 on the season, but here is the kicker. Five of the six teams that the Apaches lost to are now playing for regional championships. Yoakum, Cuero, Navarro, La Vernia and Liberty Hill all have the chance to advance to the state semis next week. Good luck to you all.
    Two things I noticed about Gonzales when LH played themwas they were one of the most physical teams we played and they didn’t lay down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Two things I noticed about Gonzales when LH played themwas they were one of the most physical teams we played and they didn’t lay down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They could have quit had they been so inclined. Seems like they were down 28-0 before they got off the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    They could have quit had they been so inclined. Seems like they were down 28-0 before they got off the bus.
    That's the "T". We have to try to prevent that machine from reeving when Edna tries to crank it up. Hope it backfires, spits out oil.
    YnoT us?

All-District

The tough scheduling paid off for Gonzales. Cuero won state, Yoakum made it to the semis, and Navarro, Liberty Hill, and La Vernia all made it to the Quarter finals. Gonzales were regional finalists and tri-champions of their district after being predicted to finish last. Anybody else have as tough schedules?

All-District

Liberty Hill actually made it to the finals. The combined records of opposing teams was 99-38 with an average of 8-3. Only one school had a sub .500 record, Class 5A Austin Crockett.