Thread: Aggies vs LSU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-State

Default Aggies vs LSU

Wild story from the past few weeks. I was invited to a small tailgate party at TAMU by one of our ushers at church. I knew he played golf at TAMU way back in the day. Two weeks ago, at his tailgate, up drives a car and out exits Gerry Griffin, Flight director for Apollo 11, 12, and 14.

subaru brz 0 60 manual

Go to tailgate yesterday, with no game ticket in hand. Great BBQ, and again Gerry Griffin drops by. I visit with him, ask him about Apollo 13 and 14. Very cool stories. He then offers me a free ticket.... 50 freekin' yard line behind Aggie bench!

Got to watch all five hours of the most epic battle I will ever see live, sitting with the Flight Director of Apollo Space Program.

subaru brz 0 60 manual

All-American

Wrong team won-Tigers got screwed by refs big time at least 3 times

All-American

And this is on wrong thread site-Belongs on college and pro

Scoop, please tell us which particular plays you feel the refs got wrong.

Starter

I was pulling for the Aggies but I actually think the tight end for the aggies caught the ball , turned up field and was hit then fumbled which LSU recovered . I think it was a clear fumble and for whatever reason it was not even challenged especially by the LSU coach . Still great game and great victory for the Aggies.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    I was pulling for the Aggies but I actually think the tight end for the aggies caught the ball , turned up field and was hit then fumbled which LSU recovered . I think it was a clear fumble and for whatever reason it was not even challenged especially by the LSU coach . Still great game and great victory for the Aggies.
    I turned the game on right when the first overtime started. I was watching another game and they mentioned that LSU and A&M were headed to OT. I thought at first that it was a catch and fumble but then on replay I really couldn't tell. It was really close. I don't think the LSU coach can challenge in OT. Aren't all OT challenges up to the booth? He could have called a timeout to give them more time to look at it though.

I also understand that there was a bit of controversy to the one second that was put back on the clock at the end of regulation. I didn't see that play so I can't comment my thoughts on that.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    So these 3 plays you speak of caused the tigers to lose? What about blown coverages here and there or missed tackles or failing to execute ? I always shake my head when it always the refs fault! Usually spoken by somebody who has never officiated.

Ha, ha. t.u. losses vicariously through LSU.

I was there around the 40 yard line and a few things are for sure.....
    The Aggies won.......
    Ed Orgeron got a premature Gatorade bath.....the sticky water creeped down his butt crack.....and caused him great discomfort throughout the overtime periods...which is the real reason he was in such a foul mood during his postgame press conference....
    Most LSU fans I met I COULD NOT understand..
    When two LSU players came onto the field for warm ups during the A&M band halftime performance, the PA announcer sternly told them to get off the field
    ...and he didn't say "please"!!!......
    I struggled to keep up with the yell leaders......I'll make sure to go to yell practice next year....
    The cheese on my nachos was cold...
    Someone was lighting matches in the men's restroom....reminded me of when I was a kid and dad would blow up the bathroom causing momma to yell at him to "turn on a match"...them big stick ones..
    The guy in the Grinch costume was quite the dancer......
    The guys in the overalls made me a bit uncomfortable.....
    The LSU helmet letters look like they're done with electrical tape....
    The biology majors were having a group study in section 335....
    The 12th man flag waving creates millions of cotton fibers to be released causing allergic reactions in the elderly
    .....and someone kept flatulating in the crowd......

Have to agree w/ Saggy.

THe false start is really the only big miss by the refs. All other calls were either legit or bang bang. When I saw the pass/fumble, my first thought was that he never fully controlled the catch. It looked to me like the ball was moving all over the place while he was 'tucking it away'.

It is very true that the Aggies had a couple of crucial calls go their way, but when a team wins a close game, you can always point to one to two calls that make the diff in a game.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

But if the game wasn't in College Station, there would have been a different winner (The Tigers)

But if the game wasn't in College Station, there would have been a different winner (The Tigers)
    Maybe, but what's your point? Home field advantage is important.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Maybe... maybe not...

All-District
    Blog Entries

Congrats to the Aggie refs on their win, A&M now has a "13th man".