Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I don't know that Kennedale is lacking anything, it's more of just what Paris has this year that's got people picking them over the green Wildcats. This is probably the best — at least most talented — team Paris has ever had. They are very BIG and they are very FAST. They were a breath away from beating Argyle, and I assure you, they've got more than enough weapons to win the region, including knocking off La Vega and beating the Eagles in a rematch.
    Enough said. Good answer
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    Enough said. Good answer
    There is ONE THING I know for sure.... the Wildcats are going to win PERIOD !!!
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Starter

I am just going to say Argyle is the only team that has beaten everyone except Kennedale on this list this year so that is who I think will represent Region II as they are just firing on cylinders and keep getting better and better each game.

All-District

There is no doubt in anybody’s mind that region II will be a gauntlet. If the winner comes out healthy, he will be battle tested.
    The Dawgs this year are not the 2017 Dawgs but good night, in my opinion they were one of the most dominant teams in 4A history.
    They dominated everyone they played even LeVega. If you were at the game, the Dawgs caused every turnover LaVega had and the Dawg QB mishandled four of their turnovers. It could have been 35 to 0 at the half.
    This year the Dawgs have some super stud players but they are first year starters what they do have is the best O line that they have ever had and a D line that is really good. They have an outstanding linebacker with a last name, you guessed it Ingram. He is another super star in the making but again he is a first year starter. K Ingram’s little brother Kelvontay Dixon has 6 DI offers so far and he is one big time frisbee catching Dawg that no one has been able to cover and he can fly. QB Gunner Capps is back and picked up right where he left off.
    There are some great teams on our side of the bracket in MH and Liberty Hill.
    The two teams that meet in Jerry’s house will definitely be the best two teams in 4A.
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Yes bobcat1......Celina is still in it. If you are not eliminated.....you are in it. Each week half the field gets eliminated. Celina has yet to be eliminated just like the rest of these teams. Good luck to all of the teams still playing this week.
    Yep Celina is just taking it one play at a time. They are fortunate to be here but while they are, they will enjoy every minute of it. Everyone gets sent to get sneakers at one point in the season... just a matter of time. No one picks them to beat Stephenville and Lord knows we would get the almighty Argyle the next week. I picked Argyle to win state in my bracket but even as an old man rubbing my nose in it gets old regaleagle. Somehow you push buttons that piss me off still at my age. So go root for your mighty Eagles and I'll root for my Bobcats and keep your snide remarks to yourself.
    Last edited by bobcat1; 11-19-2018 at 07:59 PM.

All-American

Kennedale is solid but this isn't the Kennedale team of 2017 or even 2016....not as good defensively and not as good on the offensive line IMO

Letterman

Sideline to sideline is picking Kennedale

All-American

Its definitely close....I picked Paris, Tepper picked Kennedale, Jerry's computer poll has Kennedale by 3...Padilla has Paris by 4.....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    Sideline to sideline is picking Kennedale
    I still go back and forth on it even after show lol.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Blog Entries

Kennedale has improved probably more than any other team in 4A Region 2 since the beginning of the season. Their defense held Brownwood to -11 yards of total offense in the entire first half of that game. We all know Brownwood struggled with stronger teams late in the season, but they still were pretty potent on offense. That’s impressive! I will not be surprised if Kennedale defeats Paris.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American
    Blog Entries

It will take a huge effort for Kennedale to defeat a healthy Paris team, IMHO. Paris just outmatches almost every other team in 4A in team speed and athleticism, especially at the skill positions. Paris will have to beat Paris again to lose this game. It very well could happen, but if they hit on all cylinders for only some crucial plays in the game, then look out! This team is very, very athletic and their speed is amazing. They can be so explosive on offense.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.