Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Default There’s a HUGE STORM brewing over Region 2

For the next 4 weeks, all hell will be breaking loose in Region 2.
    This Region is the Region of Boom!
    Argyle
    Paris
    LaVega
    Melissa
    Kennedale
    Stephenville

Who will come out as the Region 2 Champ? I firmly believe it could be anyone of these teams....but it won’t be easy for any of them! Your about to see first hand Top Ranked teams collide head on causing the biggest storm in 4a.

I agree. 3 of those are in Celina's district. Celina still in it and has to play Stephenville this week.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Whichever team comes out as the region winner will most probably end up with a ticket to Jerry World. Nothing is etched in stone in the Texas High School Football playoffs.....as we have seen already from this first round of games. But the chances are high that one of these teams will be playing for a State Championship title this season. Who will it be? It will take some luck, good breaks, depth, and consistent excellence each week with only minor injuries incurred for one of these teams to come out on top. Usually if a team is missing just one of these ingredients......they will fall short. It seems to take a combination of all of these ingredients to make it all the way thru the playoffs to the title game. GO EAGLES!!!
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    I agree. 3 of those are in Celina's district. Celina still in it and has to play Stephenville this week.
    Yes bobcat1......Celina is still in it. If you are not eliminated.....you are in it. Each week half the field gets eliminated. Celina has yet to be eliminated just like the rest of these teams. Good luck to all of the teams still playing this week.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

At this point in the season, I believe it will be one of these 3 teams... Argyle, La Vega or Stephenville. The other 3 are strong but don’t quite have the horses to put forth for all 4 quarters against the others to get out of the region. I could be wrong. I do agree that Reg 2 has the most teams playing at a higher level than the other regions in 4A this season. No question about that.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American
    Blog Entries

The Bloodbath begins this week in Region 2......seems like it doesn't matter which game you attend. There will be no easy wins this week in Region 2.....they will all be hard-fought games to advance and extend the season. Just take a look at that bracket....WOW!!

Junior Varsity

I wouldn’t count Kennedale out either. They will definitely have a plate full with Paris.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I wouldn’t count Kennedale out either. They will definitely have a plate full with Paris.
    So it's very likely the following week will be Argyle v Stephenville and Paris v La Vega. My my my.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    At this point in the season, I believe it will be one of these 3 teams... Argyle, La Vega or Stephenville. The other 3 are strong but don’t quite have the horses to put forth for all 4 quarters against the others to get out of the region. I could be wrong. I do agree that Reg 2 has the most teams playing at a higher level than the other regions in 4A this season. No question about that.
    I personally believe Paris is right up there with the top 3 in Region II...they are as legit as it gets IMO

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    I personally believe Paris is right up there with the top 3 in Region II...they are as legit as it gets IMO
    I absolutely agree with you Matthew. The game between Paris and La Vega is going to be one for the ages.

Letterman

What does Kennedale lack in making it past the third round or as some are saying, the second round?
    Don't Mess With the CAT

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    What does Kennedale lack in making it past the third round or as some are saying, the second round?

I don't know that Kennedale is lacking anything, it's more of just what Paris has this year that's got people picking them over the green Wildcats. This is probably the best — at least most talented — team Paris has ever had. They are very BIG and they are very FAST. They were a breath away from beating Argyle, and I assure you, they've got more than enough weapons to win the region, including knocking off La Vega and beating the Eagles in a rematch.
    Texas Forever.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Right now I'd say it's:

1. Argyle
    2. La Vega
    3a. Paris
    3b. Stephenville

I thought the storm was coming from the East?

Cue......Cowboyandchrist!!!!!!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    I thought the storm was coming from the East?

Cue......Cowboyandchrist!!!!!!
    i think everyone realizes things go through carthage by way of cowboys stadium....