• Gonzales Apaches

3 15.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Yep, might as well sit this one out. LH by 40
    lolz...gosh, I miss the good old days.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Pigskin Prep has LH as a 38 point favorite....
    Not surprised by that spread. LH is good and we know it.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Yep, might as well sit this one out. LH by 40
    Just 40?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Was at the Gonzales/Liberty Hill game last night. As a football fan I did enjoy the offensive with their tempo. Defense was really quick to the ball. Curious why the team raced to the Gonzales end of the field after coming out of the Panther head and basically spread across the width of the field at the thirty yard line took a knee as Gonzales was attempting to do their run out. One of their coaches ran out and stopped a potential confrontation. Not sure if it was because their run through was in the center of the end zone or if that's just an LH intimidation thing. Talked with a TASO official who indication that was an illegal action and should have been flagged. He said officials are in control of the field 1 hour before the start of a game. He said that's why they are on the field during warm up's because of the possibility of fights and what have you. He said they had an issue when one team "stomped" on the team logo at midfield which caused a rush to confront the other team. It drew multiple flags even before kick-off. Just thought there was a potential for a unnecessary fight before the game even started. Will say it did look pretty cool and obviously well rehearsed.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 957tiger View Post
    Was at the Gonzales/Liberty Hill game last night. As a football fan I did enjoy the offensive with their tempo. Defense was really quick to the ball. Curious why the team raced to the Gonzales end of the field after coming out of the Panther head and basically spread across the width of the field at the thirty yard line took a knee as Gonzales was attempting to do their run out. One of their coaches ran out and stopped a potential confrontation. Not sure if it was because their run through was in the center of the end zone or if that's just an LH intimidation thing. Talked with a TASO official who indication that was an illegal action and should have been flagged. He said officials are in control of the field 1 hour before the start of a game. He said that's why they are on the field during warm up's because of the possibility of fights and what have you. He said they had an issue when one team "stomped" on the team logo at midfield which caused a rush to confront the other team. It drew multiple flags even before kick-off. Just thought there was a potential for a unnecessary fight before the game even started. Will say it did look pretty cool and obviously well rehearsed.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the opponent and everything to do with our players. They have done this the entire season. They come through & take a knee for quick silent prayer, from what I understand. It's not for intimidation, but for unity. Years ago, the team was a Band of Brothers. So are these kids.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the opponent and everything to do with our players. They have done this the entire season. They come through & take a knee for quick silent prayer, from what I understand. It's not for intimidation, but for unity. Years ago, the team was a Band of Brothers. So are these kids.
    I would think a tight circle might work for unity. Works for most teams.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-District

Hasnt been an issue till this game

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I would think a tight circle might work for unity. Works for most teams.
    This is what our boys do, it’s never been a problem, and they really don’t need to be micromanaged into what most teams do. How anyone would have confused this with anything other than young men humbling themselves together is completely baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018