20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill Panthers

17 85.00%
  • Gonzales Apaches

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-State

Default Liberty Hill Panthers vs Gonzales Apaches

Good Win over Bay City LH, this bunch keeps rolling no matter what adversity hits, I am soooo proud of them. Yall have heard me talk about this bunch over the years, they are one of those special groups. Some interesting facts about this LHHS team, they own the single game highest scoring record that was 84 points previously set at Homecoming 2006 enroute to a State Championship. Interesting tid bit, Coach Terry and Coach Johns were on the 2006 team and both coached on this years record breaker. The new record by the Panthers is 89 points at this years homecoming. This years team also finished the most dominant average point spread for district in LHHS history by averaging 62 points per game and only allowing 12.8 ppg. Winning 62-14 Last night over a talented Bay City Team shows continued adherence to these numbers.

Now all focus for LH will be on the Apaches, Gonzales has come on strong during district play and beat #10 Boerne for a share of the District Championship in D-15 and has added their first round win of 35-15 over King HS.

Thoughts?
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

LH will not have a legitimate challenge until rounds 4 or 5. Reg 4 is the weakest overall region in the state in all classes... everyone knows this. Still have to play the games and inspire the kids to play their hearts out. Sounds like this year’s LH team is strong enough to not be effected by that this season (ie, playing down to the competition). Looking forward to see how well the LHP’s match up to big ole Carthage. Best of luck throughout the playoffs.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-District

Apaches vs. LH Friday night at 7:30 pm in Manor. Apaches will be the home team.

All-District

Sealy should give LH plenty. Winner will probably meet Carthage.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Apaches vs. LH Friday night at 7:30 pm in Manor. Apaches will be the home team.
    http://lhhslibertyhill.sharpschool.c...ageId=11904381
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Barneys all day; really over before it starts, but you gotta play it and win it which y’all will in smashing fashion. Keep it going and hopefully your semi-final will be in the Waco area & I’ll be able to come watch because you know, it’s all about me
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Barneys all day; really over before it starts, but you gotta play it and win it which y’all will in smashing fashion. Keep it going and hopefully your semi-final will be in the Waco area & I’ll be able to come watch because you know, it’s all about me
    Gonzales might as well forfeit and stay home Friday night. (not) This will not be the first time this year the Apaches will be underdogs. Texas Football picked the Apaches last in district and all they did was end up as tri-champs. Four of the five teams that beat them are still playing in the second round of the state playoffs. Navarro, Cuero, Yoakum and LaVernia all provided some tough competition.

Blog Entries

You’re correct gontex that the game still has to be played. Hope to see Gonzales give LH a heck of a game. You’ll just have to wait and see how good LH is this season. The Apaches will have to play a near perfect game and hope the Panthers make several mistakes and turn over the football. Good luck!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    You’re correct gontex that the game still has to be played. Hope to see Gonzales give LH a heck of a game. You’ll just have to wait and see how good LH is this season. The Apaches will have to play a near perfect game and hope the Panthers make several mistakes and turn over the football. Good luck!
    I think we know how good LH is. You make a mistake and the next thing you know, they are in the end zone celebrating another touchdown. If you make a mistake, you can't compound it by making another. Apaches understand the challenge facing them. LH may beat the Apaches by 50 points but you will know the Apaches played the best they could. Have to play mistake free football. No turnovers, no stupid penalties and score when you get the opportunity.

All-State

Gonzales might as well forfeit and stay home Friday night. (not) This will not be the first time this year the Apaches will be underdogs. Texas Football picked the Apaches last in district and all they did was end up as tri-champs. Four of the five teams that beat them are still playing in the second round of the state playoffs. Navarro, Cuero, Yoakum and LaVernia all provided some tough competition.
    I’m sorry for the way I stated my comments, it was disrespectful to your team. Sometimes I forget about that.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-State

It’s all good GonTex, I promise you LH respects Gonzales and in no way is looking past this game. I was looking at Gonzales record and the loses, all from good teams and a very strong finish to boot. Hope for a good game and no injuries for either team as well as safe travels for both towns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I’m sorry for the way I stated my comments, it was disrespectful to your team. Sometimes I forget about that.
    Thank you for saying that. We have no misgivings about how good this LH team is.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Pigskin Prep has LH as a 38 point favorite....

All-State

Nothing to see here , LH moves on to the next round !

Yep, might as well sit this one out. LH by 40