Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle led at halftime 63-14. Playing backups the entire 2nd half. Now the score is 63-21 in the 3rd. Argyle running the clock now. I left at the half......too cold and the game was decided.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Starter

I was wrong as this game was actually over by the 1st quarter instead of halftime .

All-American
    Blog Entries

It was Celina's last game to be played in this stadium after 71 seasons. Unfortunately for Celina fans.....QB Bo Hogeboom of Argyle set 2 school records last night in the stadium. Hogeboom completed 10 of 17 passes for 286 yds and 7 TD's with one interception all in the first half. He broke Argyle's previous records by throwing 7 TD passes in a game, and by throwing 37 TD passes in a season. He didn't play in the 2nd half. Argyle has now won 37 straight regular season games dating back to their 3rd game in 2015.....a loss to Celina. Argyle has now won 49 straight district games dating back to 2008......again a loss to Celina.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I've never seen a high school team roll up 63 points in a half......and certainly not against a team as good as Celina. I'm sure it's been done, but usually against some cupcake team. It was Argyle's best ever half in their football history......and I've seen every single season. I'm sure Coach Rodgers was dumbfounded on the sidelines. Anything and Everything that could go right for Argyle and wrong for Celina happened. Argyle scored 3 TD's in its first 10 plays......hard to believe. And none were due to a turnover within the red zone. All three were long TD passes. The 4th was a long run by Tito Byce as he broke thru the line to outrace the Celina secondary 51 yds to the goal line. The score was 42-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.....I've never seen that before either. The whole first half was sort of eerily unbelievable.....just too weird to be true.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Celina did legitimately put up 14 points against Argyle in the 2nd quarter......and Argyle has an excellent defense. Celina has some very good players and some speed at the skill positions......they will most likely win their first playoff game for sure, and could give Stephenville a tough time if those two teams meet in the 2nd round.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I didn't realize this last night.....I was so caught up in the unbelievable start.....but Argyle scored 4 Td's in it's first 12 plays. Amazing!!! Just simply amazing!!! Plays from scrimmage.....this does not count the kickoffs.

All-American

Well, I was sad the Download was down for so long, because I knew I was going to this game, and I had hopes of meeting up with Regal and some of the other Argyle faithful on here. Alas, we'll save that for another year.

But, man, here's the thing ... this is probably the best Argyle team I've ever seen. That 2013 squad was something special, and heck, the 2011 and 2014/15 teams were good too. But this is a special, special team. Bo Hogenboom is easily the best Eagles QB I've ever seen. That young man is MONEY on every single pass. He can zip it into traffic, or he can float it with precise touch, and he has complete understanding of when each throw is needed. There were many times Celina DBs had pretty good coverage, but Hogenboom's passes would just be in the perfect place where only his receiver could get it. If Celina dropped to a 2-high safety look, Hogenboom would just hand off to the little running back, and he'd gash into the second level quickly. He's not a big kid, but he moves well and has good patience, waiting for his offensive line to open something up. Argyle's defense is SWARMING. They are fast. I don't know that any of the kids out there are going to make you say, 'Wow!' in terms of speed, but, as a team, they're very quick. They're very disciplined. There were only a couple times where I saw Argyle kids out of position, and it was more because of what Celina did than it was a mental mistake by the Eagles.

With regards to Celina, this is one of the smallest Celina team's I've ever seen. No size whatsoever in the skill positions, and only one young man at the receiver position who has the capability of making any kind of play. The Bobcats running back is very, very good, and if he had an offensive line at all to speak of, he'd give the best defenses in the state fits. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and he has to create something out of nothing just about every time he takes the ball. But if you key on him and Celina's good receiver, who is not very big, you're going to shutdown the Bobcats offense, plain and simple. There's just not as much talent on the team as I had expected. There's effort. The kids kept fighting and trying hard, and that's ultimately all you can ask for. Because, at the end of the day, they simply didn't have the talent to stay on the field with Argyle. I think Celina can win their first playoff game this week, but I don't know that they can matchup with Stephenville at all the following week. Maybe I'm wrong. But I didn't see anything that would make me believe otherwise.

But you boys have a heck of a team, Regal, and if you guys aren't playing in Arlington come Christmas time, I'll be very shocked. It's going to take a very special team to beat this Argyle squad, in my opinion.
    Texas Forever.

Junior Varsity

Dotcom, I can assure you us Eagles fans appreciate your compliments on our football team. We are definitely proud and excited to see where this journey takes us. We have one goal and long ways to get there still. I agree with this being the best Argyle team you’ve ever seen. It’s the best one I’ve ever seen. If we can stay injury free, Argyle will be hard to beat. I would love to see this Argyle team go to war with Carthage and end that streak. Only 5 more weeks.

Starter

Argyle in my opinion just continues to get better and stronger each and every week. I think Argyle , Carthage, Liberty Hill, and Waco La Vega are all on a collision course for the State Title.

Junior Varsity

I agree

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    Argyle in my opinion just continues to get better and stronger each and every week. I think Argyle , Carthage, Liberty Hill, and Waco La Vega are all on a collision course for the State Title.
    I wouldn't exactly leave Paris out of that equation. They were not healthy when they played Argyle, but have had some time to "heal up" since that game. IMHO, if Paris plays Waco La Vega in the top half of that bracket......that will be a heckuva game to see. I'm not sure who might win that game.....both teams have tons of speed and athleticism. I think La Vega might have the better defense, but when we played La Vega it was wet and raining and their top RB did not play. BTW......haha......it rained most of the night when we played Paris too, LOL. That night it was not only wet but cold too.