Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default Argyle(9-0/5-0) at Celina(5-3/3-2) Rivalry Game

The Argyle Eagles will try to maintain a perfect season tonight in Celina when they face their football rivals the Celina Bobcats. The record between these teams stands at 6-4 in favor of the Eagles. Last year's game in Argyle ended in a win for Argyle 49-34. Celina's last win against Argyle occurred on Sept. 11th, 2015 in Celina.....the Bobcats won 46-36. Celina has more wins against Argyle than any other team Argyle has ever faced in its 15 yr. history. This game will be the 11th meeting between these teams in 16 seasons......just to let you know. Celina is Argyle's true and closest rival in football for sure.....and the rivalry has extended to other sports thru the years. Kickoff will be at 7 pm.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Celina had their bye week last week.....they should be healthy and well prepared to face Argyle in tonight's battle at Bobcat Stadium. They defeated Anna 42-0 two weeks ago and had 4 interceptions in that game. Although Celina does not report any statistical data or filmclips to MaxPreps......we know they have a very stingy defense. In the 8 games they've played so far this season......their defense has allowed slightly under 20 pts/game. Argyle's defense in 9 games so far has allowed about 19.5 also......so it appears this game could be very tight. We don't know that much about Celina's individual stats, but their offense is averaging 37 pts/game against their schedule. By contrast, Argyle is averaging 52 pt/game against their schedule this season.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

One can assume that this game should be a very hard-fought and physical battle tonight in Celina. It's always tough to play in Celina, and this season we are meeting in the last district game of the season.....so both teams are primed for the playoffs. Argyle has already secured the #1 playoff spot in District 7-4A D1 and Celina the #4 position, regardless of the outcome of this game. Celina will be in the lower bracket with Argyle and these teams could possibly face each other again in the playoffs. Paris has secured the #2 spot and Melissa the #3 spot regardless of a Celina win tonight by virtue of Melissa's head to head win against Celina.

All-American
    Blog Entries

What we do know about Celina is they have a good mix of athletes on both sides of the ball and good lines. Their secondary covers well against the pass and they have some good skill players on offense. It appears Celina may be peaking at the right time as a team right before the playoffs begin. I would classify Celina as a dark horse in Region 2 to win the region, and definitely a very dangerous opponent regardless of their #4 seed out of District 7. In fact.....Celina will most probably be the BEST #4 seed in all of Class 4A in the playoffs this season.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Even though there is no statistical data or filmclips of Celina readily available for the fairweather fan to view.....I'm certain both coaching staffs have done their research on each other. It's really not that difficult to find all kinds of data on Argyle this season......so Celina and their fans will be well-educated about the Eagles. The Argyle fanbase will come to the game in Celina and really not know that much about Celina's individual players......only that they are our football rival and the game is always hotly contested. By the end of the contest, I'm sure Eagle fans will have learned a great deal about this season's Celina Bobcats.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Celina did not perform well against Paris in Paris, losing 54-14 in Week 7, but played Melissa very close in week 8 in Celina, losing 28-21. They dominated Anna in Week 9 by a score of 42-0, and had previously dominated Sanger 50-7 and North Lamar 45-0 early in district play. So it appears their only major hiccup has been against a very good Paris team in Paris.....all other games were either blow out wins or tightly contested losses this season.

Junior Varsity

Dotcom, I can assure you us Eagles fans appreciate your compliments on our football team. We are definitely proud and excited to see where this journey takes us. We have one goal and long ways to get there still. I agree with this being the best Argyle team you’ve ever seen. It’s the best one I’ve ever seen. If we can stay injury free, Argyle will be hard to beat. I would love to see this Argyle team go to war with Carthage and end that streak. Only 5 more weeks.

Starter

Argyle in my opinion just continues to get better and stronger each and every week. I think Argyle , Carthage, Liberty Hill, and Waco La Vega are all on a collision course for the State Title.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    Argyle in my opinion just continues to get better and stronger each and every week. I think Argyle , Carthage, Liberty Hill, and Waco La Vega are all on a collision course for the State Title.
    I wouldn't exactly leave Paris out of that equation. They were not healthy when they played Argyle, but have had some time to "heal up" since that game. IMHO, if Paris plays Waco La Vega in the top half of that bracket......that will be a heckuva game to see. I'm not sure who might win that game.....both teams have tons of speed and athleticism. I think La Vega might have the better defense, but when we played La Vega it was wet and raining and their top RB did not play. BTW......haha......it rained most of the night when we played Paris too, LOL. That night it was not only wet but cold too.

Junior Varsity

I agree