Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default Argyle(9-0/5-0) at Celina(5-3/3-2) Rivalry Game

The Argyle Eagles will try to maintain a perfect season tonight in Celina when they face their football rivals the Celina Bobcats. The record between these teams stands at 6-4 in favor of the Eagles. Last year's game in Argyle ended in a win for Argyle 49-34. Celina's last win against Argyle occurred on Sept. 11th, 2015 in Celina.....the Bobcats won 46-36. Celina has more wins against Argyle than any other team Argyle has ever faced in its 15 yr. history. This game will be the 11th meeting between these teams in 16 seasons......just to let you know. Celina is Argyle's true and closest rival in football for sure.....and the rivalry has extended to other sports thru the years. Kickoff will be at 7 pm.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Celina had their bye week last week.....they should be healthy and well prepared to face Argyle in tonight's battle at Bobcat Stadium. They defeated Anna 42-0 two weeks ago and had 4 interceptions in that game. Although Celina does not report any statistical data or filmclips to MaxPreps......we know they have a very stingy defense. In the 8 games they've played so far this season......their defense has allowed slightly under 20 pts/game. Argyle's defense in 9 games so far has allowed about 19.5 also......so it appears this game could be very tight. We don't know that much about Celina's individual stats, but their offense is averaging 37 pts/game against their schedule. By contrast, Argyle is averaging 52 pt/game against their schedule this season.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

One can assume that this game should be a very hard-fought and physical battle tonight in Celina. It's always tough to play in Celina, and this season we are meeting in the last district game of the season.....so both teams are primed for the playoffs. Argyle has already secured the #1 playoff spot in District 7-4A D1 and Celina the #4 position, regardless of the outcome of this game. Celina will be in the lower bracket with Argyle and these teams could possibly face each other again in the playoffs. Paris has secured the #2 spot and Melissa the #3 spot regardless of a Celina win tonight by virtue of Melissa's head to head win against Celina.

All-American
    Blog Entries

What we do know about Celina is they have a good mix of athletes on both sides of the ball and good lines. Their secondary covers well against the pass and they have some good skill players on offense. It appears Celina may be peaking at the right time as a team right before the playoffs begin. I would classify Celina as a dark horse in Region 2 to win the region, and definitely a very dangerous opponent regardless of their #4 seed out of District 7. In fact.....Celina will most probably be the BEST #4 seed in all of Class 4A in the playoffs this season.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Even though there is no statistical data or filmclips of Celina readily available for the fairweather fan to view.....I'm certain both coaching staffs have done their research on each other. It's really not that difficult to find all kinds of data on Argyle this season......so Celina and their fans will be well-educated about the Eagles. The Argyle fanbase will come to the game in Celina and really not know that much about Celina's individual players......only that they are our football rival and the game is always hotly contested. By the end of the contest, I'm sure Eagle fans will have learned a great deal about this season's Celina Bobcats.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Celina did not perform well against Paris in Paris, losing 54-14 in Week 7, but played Melissa very close in week 8 in Celina, losing 28-21. They dominated Anna in Week 9 by a score of 42-0, and had previously dominated Sanger 50-7 and North Lamar 45-0 early in district play. So it appears their only major hiccup has been against a very good Paris team in Paris.....all other games were either blow out wins or tightly contested losses this season.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Looking like a Celina vs Stephenville matchup in the 2nd round...

All-American
    Blog Entries

We roll forward to Week 11 this week with a rested and healthy well-prepared Celina Bobcats team at home in a rival game against their traditional nemesis the Argyle Eagles and what do you think you might expect tonight in Celina, Huh? A very tough game for both squads and it should be a game filled with action. I'm certain Celina will play very physically tonight to try to offset Argyle's speed and stable of rb's and receivers. On offense, I'm not quite sure where Celina will concentrate against Argyle's defense, but I'm guessing they will try to keep the Eagles offense off the field by maintaining drives and burning clock as much as possible while running a balanced attack. I suspect they will use some short passes to do this and mix in some longer ones to loosen up the secondary for their run attack.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Looking like a Celina vs Stephenville matchup in the 2nd round...
    I would give that matchup about a 90% probability at this point, for sure. That means Stephenville should be deeply interested in this game tonight. I wonder if Stephenville will be sending any scouts to this game, Huh? Kill two birds with one stone.....so to speak.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I would give that matchup about a 90% probability at this point, for sure. That means Stephenville should be deeply interested in this game tonight. I wonder if Stephenville will be sending any scouts to this game, Huh? Kill two birds with one stone.....so to speak.
    I'd image they'll be at lake worth/dunbar to put eyes on them and to work out logistics for the loser of that one.

I do know a location is reserved for Stephenville vs Celina though.

Starter

Regal ,

Your full of it and you know it as this game will not even be close . Argyle will have this game put away by halftime unless they decide to rest several of their starters for the playoffs. Argyle is just that much better and you know you will be very disappointed if they do not win by 50 points as Celina just does not have the number of athletes to give Argyle a close game. The Eagles will be successful both on the ground and in the air . The Bobcats will play hard no doubt but the difference in talent level is just to great and Argyle should have 35 by halftime and with their stout defense I do not see Celina having much offensive success . Celina has some good teams coming up , but they are just not there yet.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you feel this way about your Celina Bobcats.....but I think you should give your kids more credit. It's a football game in your home stadium against your traditional rival. How do explain the 42-0 win against a very game Anna team.....and a 7 point loss to a very good Melissa team, Huh? Sounds to me the Celina fanbase has lost some of their support for their team. I don't see Argyle as a prohibitive favorite under the circumstances......only the odds on favorite to win. But in a rivalry game and with Celina having their bye week last week......that has to help Celina in their home stadium.....just sayin'. So I'm not exactly "full of it".

All-American
    Blog Entries

No doubt Argyle will come to win......but the game is still played on the field with turnovers and all sorts of variables in play. To be honest, I think Argyle will be very pleased to get out of Celina tonight with a win.....regardless of the margin. Let's add that this game is not really crucial for either team going forward......but pride is at stake. A loss before the playoffs begin will not be good for either team. Celina is equipped to win.....they have the athletes to contend if things fall their way.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Sorry to hear you feel this way about your Celina Bobcats.....but I think you should give your kids more credit. It's a football game in your home stadium against your traditional rival. How do explain the 42-0 win against a very game Anna team.....and a 7 point loss to a very good Melissa team, Huh? Sounds to me the Celina fanbase has lost some of their support for their team. I don't see Argyle as a prohibitive favorite under the circumstances......only the odds on favorite to win. But in a rivalry game and with Celina having their bye week last week......that has to help Celina in their home stadium.....just sayin'. So I'm not exactly "full of it".
    Argyle 21 Celina 0 with 9:19 left in the 1st quarter. Nothing against the kids in Celina but it is easy to see the talent difference between these teams this year.

Starter

Argyle 42-0 end of 1st Quarter.