View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

11 91.67%
  • Smithville

1 8.33%
    All-American

Default Week 9: Smithville (4-3, 1-1) @ La Grange ( 5-1, 2-0)

The Leops win this big rivalry game

All-American

This game will be tougher than many expect. The Tigers consider this to be their Big Game, a huge rivalry. La Grange on the other hand tends to look beyond this game as Smithville has been the district doormat for most of the last twenty years. Unfortunately for the Leps they have been bush wacked more than once because of overconfidence or lack of focus. This team should not fall into that trap as most remember last season going 0-9 and losing to Smithville convincingly. The LG defense has really come together this season and should be able to hold the Tigers to 21 points or less. Meanwhile the offense has been averaging 26 pts/game. I'll take home team advantage for a 14 point win.

All-American

With the two school so close together, Doubt the Leps will have not that much of a home field advantage
    With that said-the game could be close score wise for half before the Leps win by2-4 touochdowns.
    I presume last Friday's only 14-6 win over Cald wel was because of the sloppy field playing condi t ionsIf you can't attend this game listen over the web at
    www.kvlgkbuk.com or FM 104.9

All-American

Yes the mud really slowed down the running game for both teams and pretty much voided any passing attacks. Caldwell defense played smart and packed the box. We won largely due to our defense and special teams play. The refs called 8 penalties on us, mostly holding on long gainers which killed several good drives into Hornet territory. It's all good though as a win is a win. The Hornet D is on the small size but they are fast to the ball and tackle well so I expect they will hold Bellville to under 20 points this week.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    This game will be tougher than many expect. The Tigers consider this to be their Big Game, a huge rivalry. La Grange on the other hand tends to look beyond this game as Smithville has been the district doormat for most of the last twenty years. Unfortunately for the Leps they have been bush wacked more than once because of overconfidence or lack of focus. This team should not fall into that trap as most remember last season going 0-9 and losing to Smithville convincingly. The LG defense has really come together this season and should be able to hold the Tigers to 21 points or less. Meanwhile the offense has been averaging 26 pts/game. I'll take home team advantage for a 14 point win.
    Love me some pudlike now and then. Pud, dont let them boys look past smithville.

Leaps by 3 scores. Minimum.
    GO BUFFS!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by buff4ever View Post
    Love me some pudlike now and then. Pud, dont let them boys look past smithville.

Leaps by 3 scores. Minimum.
    Glad to oblige buff. I just never got over that 2008 game where the Leps got skunked by a fired up Tiger team that came out of the cellar to maul us bigtime, 38-0 IN OUR HOUSE! We were favored by 3 tds in that one IIRC.

All-American

La Grange really stepped it up in the second half to win this one 47-21. Smithville has a real good Qb and several fast receivers who made some great catches against us playing pretty much even into the half leading 15-14. Our dense made some adjustments and pretty much shut the Tigers out in the second half with a dominant running game taking over to get the win. We had two starters injured including our back up Qb and corner back Gardiner and rb/safety Haart. We are banged up somewhat going into Bellville but this team is playing with confidence and authority now.

All-American
    Blog Entries

La Grange is very quietly having a very good season. Looks like their two toughest opponents remain for the last two weeks.....@ Bellville and then Giddings at home to finish district play. They have a very good chance of winning both games.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Thanks for the props Regal. This team has gone from 0-9 to 6-1 and they are not finished yet. I think we will win at least one of our two remaining games and possibly both if we can sustain our momentum into the final stretch. We have the size, speed and athleticism and the coaches are getting everything out of these boys so stay tuned D12 we are not done winning.