All-District

Default Week 9: Gpmzales at Lavernia

Gonzales is currently leading the way in 4A district 15 D1 with a 2-0 record. The two wins have come against Pleasanton (37-36) and Beeville Jones (24-13) Both those games would probably be considered upsets. Looking to continue the upset string against LaVernia this Friday. Apaches are setting at 4-4 on the season. Losses have come at the hands of some pretty fair ball clubs. (Navarro, Yoakum, Cuero and Mineral Wells). LaVernia looks pretty good. I think it would be a major upset (but it wouldn't surprise me) if the Apaches were to beat the Bears.

Gpmzales gonna have their hands full

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Gpmzales gonna have their hands full
    Apaches have had their hands full for a while, especially the last two games. They have found a way to pull things out. Grant it, it will be pretty difficult, but the Apaches will make a game of it and don't be surprised if they win the game as well.

All-American

Having watched La Vernia dominate a good Leopard team 41-14 in week 3 it would come as a big surprise if Gonzales wins this one. That being said the Apaches are playing real good football now so the Bears better come prepared to rumble. It will be a good game but I'll take the Bears by 2 tds in this one.

All-American

Who's the Apaches final two games against on Nov. 2 and 9th?
    Think the Apaches c an beat the Bears just like Wharton upset Sweeny last week.
    TheTigers trailed Cuero by 9 points early in the fourth quarter before the Gobblers extended their lead

All-District

Apaches play at La Vernia this week, have a bye next week and then close out the regular season with Boerne. Those will be two really tough games. Apaches have been playing solid football for several games now and seem to have a pretty good handle on what they are doing. They could very well win both these games, split them or lose both of them. I think it will come down to how the breaks go on who wins.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Having watched La Vernia dominate a good Leopard team 41-14 in week 3 it would come as a big surprise if Gonzales wins this one. That being said the Apaches are playing real good football now so the Bears better come prepared to rumble. It will be a good game but I'll take the Bears by 2 tds in this one.
    Leps, like the Apaches, have their two toughest games coming up to end the season. Bellville and Giddings will both test you really good. Smithville could have some surprises for you as well. Looking for the Leps to end up third in their district.

All-American

Smithville may be a little bit overated but you never can tell. Royal and Caldwell are the two weak teams in the district