View Poll Results: ho wins this big showdown?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paris

0 0%
  • Argyle

7 100.00%

Default REGION 2 Week 8 GOTW: Paris (5-1) @ Argyle (6-0)

Can Paris keep their hot streak going?
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

pigskin has argyle as a 24 point favorite

Argyle but closer than the experts think
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Letterman

I think Argyle will win but don’t expect the same Paris team you’ve been beating in past years

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by catgut View Post
    I think Argyle will win but don’t expect the same Paris team you’ve been beating in past years

Paris has some dudes, man. They look like a Div. II college team with their size. And they've got speed to burn. There won't be many teams that can just flat out-run the Wildcats.

But, I think Argyle has so many weapons across the field, that they'll eventually wear Paris out and win by a couple of possessions.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I hope you are right, d0tc0m......but with this rain and wet conditions I'ma thinking that will be a huge advantage for a predominately running offense like the Wildcats have. They have a three-headed or even a four-headed attack on the ground with Savage at Qb, #6 Williams at Rb, #8 at slotback, and #22 Jackson at the other Rb. All players will get their carries, including Savage. This 4-pronged ground attack is awesome to see on film.....I'm very curious how Argyle will handle it tonight in the wet conditions. It would be tough to handle in good weather.......but when it's wet then that makes things even tougher on the defense. Artificial turf can get slippery when it's wet......and the offense knows the play and where they are going. The defense must react......but in wet conditions a running game has a huge advantage over a passing game......at all levels.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-District

Dang, Paris fumbled 6 times and still almost wins the game.
    I predicted Argyle would win by 7, but I never dreamed that they could fumble 6 times and not get blowed out by Argyle. 😲 wow.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    Dang, Paris fumbled 6 times and still almost wins the game.
    I predicted Argyle would win by 7, but I never dreamed that they could fumble 6 times and not get blowed out by Argyle. �� wow.
    Paris has a valid very good defense......they are a very good team. I think the conditions played a major role in the scoring part for Argyle, but that Paris D is no slouch. Argyle's D did an outstanding job wrangling and tying up those very speedy and athletic rb's for Paris......even in the wet weather. Argyle showed why they are a tough nut to crack tonight, for sure. They didn't even pass much......the Eagles schemed offensively to run it all night on Paris. And for the most part they did......and won. It was just a tough game any way you slice it. Paris is the real deal and will be tough in the playoffs for any team to beat. They are very very athletic on both sides of the ball.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Practice Squad

Was it even raining seen highlights last night on TV didn't look like it

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bansheefan03 View Post
    Was it even raining seen highlights last night on TV didn't look like it
    It was raining 75% of the game. The field and ball were slick all night long......not a passing night for sure. Argyle gained 262 of 393 yds on the ground.....just to let you know how it really was. It was ground and pound all night long......tough sledding to move those chains.

All-American

Paris turned it over 7 times and had 17 enforced penalties and only lost by 8...that in and of itself is kinda impressive but also maddening for the coaching staff....if Paris plays clean they can beat anyone in 4A Division I...but the question is do they have one of those games in them??

All-American
    Blog Entries

I understand the ideology of Paris using their very quick QB Savage under center with all those very speedy backs at his disposal.....and for him also to be a serious running threat. BUT......I think if they did incorporate the shotgun approach at least some of the time, it would give their offense more flexibility and Savage more time and better vision of the defense. He's very athletic and can make plays on the cusp......and even be able to change the play if the defensive alignment allows it. Just my 2 cents worth. They have tons of upside if they will use it.