All-District

Default Thoughts on Gonzales-Beeville Jones matchup this Friday

Gonzales is coming off a exciting O/T win over long time rival Pleasanton now faces Beeville Jones. Apaches and Trojans have some history and Gonzales won 5 out of 8 meetings in the 60's. Have won last 2 recent games handily. Gonzales has won out of 10 games that I know about. Most of the 60's games, I was in jr-sr high in G-town. My junior year Beeville beat the Apaches 12-6 on the last regular game for the zone championship. Hopefully the Apaches can win this one. Any thoughts?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Maxprep ranking for 4A-1 -- B. Jones #25 - Gonzales #45.
    Matchup projection has it BJ - 38 --- Gon - 35.

A Toss Up

All-District

Apaches have not played at home since Sept. 12 when they took on the Yoakum Bulldogs. They played at Cuero, at Hondo, Mineral Wells at Waco and at Pleasanton. I am sure they will be glad to get back at home for a change.

Gonzales has very good chance in this game. Apache DB’s played tough against Pleasanton’s pass heavy offense. Beeville relies on the pass also. I like The Apaches in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Quote Originally Posted by Old Green View Post
    Gonzales has very good chance in this game. Apache DB’s played tough against Pleasanton’s pass heavy offense. Beeville relies on the pass also. I like The Apaches in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but their qb likes to run with it also. Big qb with decent speed and good arm. Should be a good game. Beeville by a td.

Very good district, all 5 teams are good.
    Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 10-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.

All-District

I believe that the Apaches have played a more challenging schedule than Jones has. Should be a competitive game.

All-District

I did some digging on these two teams and here is what I found. Beeville has only played 2 teams that have a winning overall record. Those two teams are Antonian and La Vernia. The seven teams Jones has played this year have a combined record of 21 wins and 24 losses. Gonzales seven opponents have a combined record of 28 wins and 13 losses. Only one of those seven teams has a losing record. Four of the seven opponents Gonzales played have only lost one game each. What does that have to do with tonight? Absolutely nothing. it is Texas high school football.

All-District

Gonzales leading 8-0 @ half. Beeville Jones QB out hurt. Starting a sophomore.

All-District

Apaches 24-6 end of 3.

All-District

Apache 24 B'villa 13
    Final