Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District
    Blog Entries

Default Austin's Eastside Memorial

This years realignment did them no favors. That is all.

I don’t think they’ve scored a point yet this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Quote Originally Posted by Old Green View Post
    I don’t think they’ve scored a point yet this season.

That is correct

0 Points For

306 Points Against

Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Letterman

I think Smithville even blew them out.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by MJMbrahmas10 View Post
    New school? First year football?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by FB-fanatic View Post
    New school? First year football?
    Not really. Eastside Memorial has been around as Johnston since the early 60's. Pretty good back in those days. District championships and all. Lots of years and problems with desegregation, poor test scores forcing AISD to rebrand the school as Eastside Memorial @ Johnston Campus. Dropped football for several years. Haven't been able to win in years. Now the PC correct crowd in weird Austin want to drop all Confederate names including Johnston. District is building a new high school in this area replacing EM and needs to stop gerrymandering students into SFA on the westside of the district. Maybe time and sanity will bring success back. Probably not because there are 4 almost equally horrible football schools in 5A that insist on playing division 1.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    Not really. Eastside Memorial has been around as Johnston since the early 60's. Pretty good back in those days. District championships and all. Lots of years and problems with desegregation, poor test scores forcing AISD to rebrand the school as Eastside Memorial @ Johnston Campus. Dropped football for several years. Haven't been able to win in years. Now the PC correct crowd in weird Austin want to drop all Confederate names including Johnston. District is building a new high school in this area replacing EM and needs to stop gerrymandering students into SFA on the westside of the district. Maybe time and sanity will bring success back. Probably not because there are 4 almost equally horrible football schools in 5A that insist on playing division 1.
    Eastside would probably compete better in football in an all-Austin ISD district....

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Eastside would probably compete better in football in an all-Austin ISD district....
    Probably not yet. EM got stomped by Lanier who is definitely an also ran in any district.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Eastside entered into UIL competition in 16-17 seasons in 4A-1 Dist. 14 with Taylor, Canyon Lake, Fredericksburg , and Boerne. Eastside won 1 game in 16 season - 20-6, but scored only 13 in rest of games. Record 1-9. For 17 season we're 0-10, scored 21 pts.
    Eastside reclassified this year to 4A-2. To date they are 0-6 ---- O PF - 305 PA. Manor New Tech (1-5) defeated AEM 36-0 this year, rest of their games have scored only 14 points.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

I watched the first 3 quarters of the Smithville game. I felt really bad for them. They had 18 players! And 12 in the band. I don't even remember them crossing the 50.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    Probably not yet. EM got stomped by Lanier who is definitely an also ran in any district.
    And Lanier is dreadful!

Quote Originally Posted by MJMbrahmas10 View Post
    They did!

Navarro scores a 87-0 win over Eastside last weekend.

Now they have Cuero.

"GO MEAN GREEN"
    767-380-38

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Old Green View Post
    Navarro scores a 87-0 win over Eastside last weekend.

Now they have Cuero.

Navarro never rushed the punter. Declined all penalties but one. Clock ran second half. Kicked 4 field goals in the first half on first down. 2 safeties and 3 pick 6 along with a fumble recovered for a td. Recovered a fumble on a ko and told the refs to give Eastside the ball. After the game the players were upbeat, full of respect and very positive as was the coaching staff. They played until the end and never got down on each other. We counted 17 people in the stands, no band or cheerleaders. When they made their only first down our stands cheered for them. I am sure these kids fight battles most of us don't know. My hat is off to te kids and coaches who stick it out and do the right things.

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    Navarro never rushed the punter. Declined all penalties but one. Clock ran second half. Kicked 4 field goals in the first half on first down. 2 safeties and 3 pick 6 along with a fumble recovered for a td. Recovered a fumble on a ko and told the refs to give Eastside the ball. After the game the players were upbeat, full of respect and very positive as was the coaching staff. They played until the end and never got down on each other. We counted 17 people in the stands, no band or cheerleaders. When they made their only first down our stands cheered for them. I am sure these kids fight battles most of us don't know. My hat is off to te kids and coaches who stick it out and do the right things.
    I watched the Navarro-Eastside recap on Hudl. My utmost respect goes out to the Panthers on playing the game with a lot of respect and sportsmanship.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    767-380-38