Starter

Default Celina at Paris this Friday!

This is a very big game for my Bobcats as Paris has been a beast this year beating several good team. I know Paris is favored to win , but hope the Bobcats are up for the challenge as a loss I am afraid would put them on the outside looking in for a playoff spot with Argyle , Paris and Melissa being viewed by most to fill those slots. I have very little insight into the game or either teams , but one person that have seen both play says Celina will have a very difficult time containing Paris and running against their strong defense.

Letterman

The Argyle / North Lamar game is going to be really close........for the Panthers fans ....only .9 mile from the high school.
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Letterman

Final
    Paris 54
    Celina 14

Quote Originally Posted by catgut View Post
    Final
    Paris 54
    Celina 14
    completely shocked
    1stand10

All-American

Well that didn't go well for the Bobblecats. I guess our 1 point loss to Paris makes me feel a little better now. That score is a stunner.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American
    Blog Entries

I kinda suspect Paris has rounded into a very very good football team thru 6 games this season......that's what talented very good teams do.......they get better as the season progresses. According to what everybody was saying.......the Wildcats just had too much speed on the corners and really all over the field for the Bobcats......on both sides of the ball.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Starter

I was afraid this would be a game very similar to our experience playing Henderson and Gilmer. I don't see us faring any better against Argyle or Melissa which will leave Celina out of the Playoffs for the first time in a long time . I was hoping we would be able to establish the run , but it looks like Paris is just as good on defense as they are on offense. Hopefully the Bobcats can regroup , put this game behind them and get ready for the next game.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    I was afraid this would be a game very similar to our experience playing Henderson and Gilmer. I don't see us faring any better against Argyle or Melissa which will leave Celina out of the Playoffs for the first time in a long time . I was hoping we would be able to establish the run , but it looks like Paris is just as good on defense as they are on offense. Hopefully the Bobcats can regroup , put this game behind them and get ready for the next game.
    IMO Paris is better on defense than they are on offense. The only way PG beat Paris was all the stupid penalties and personal fouls Paris had. They put them in position to score all their points

All-American

Celina will make the playoffs as the fourth team out of the district. Just FYI.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Celina will make the playoffs as the fourth team out of the district. Just FYI.
    I thought only 3 teams in each district went into the playoffs. Heck in my days only one team used to make it a lot of good teams got left behind back then in all parts of the state.

I think the Celina Anna game will be a battle. Anna has speed and athletes. If they had a better passing game they would be a pretty tough team. I hate to say it, but it's a toss up in my mind.
    1stand10

All-American

Paris really impressed me when I saw them..they got DUDES.....I think they'll at least make Argyle work a bit...Argyle will take it but their starters may have to play a while

All-District

Paris I believe will give Argyle the same type of game LaVega did.
    East Texas speed will be represented in this game versus Argyle discipline and mechanics.
    Argyle by 7.

Starter

Argyle has more speed than Celina and when playing Argyle you almost have to score it seems on every offensive series to keep up with them or you quickly find yourself 2 or 3 touchdowns behind .

Starter

For the record, the last time Celina missed the playoffs was 1993. They had to lose to Aubrey for the first and only time in school history to do so.
    24 down ... 24 to go.