View Poll Results: Battle of the Pirates! Who wins?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rockport-Fulton

6 85.71%
  • Sinton

1 14.29%

Default Week 7: D15-4a D2 Rockport-Fulton at Sinton

Battle of the Green Pirates vs Maroon Pirates!!

Both come in at 1-4.
    RF averages 19.6 pts/gm giving up 22 pts/gm
    Sinton averages 27.2 pts/gm giving up 42 pts/gm

Sinton fr Rylan Galvan with big game last week 2 carries 54 yds 1 td, 5 rec 120 yds 2 tds. So. Chris Burk 7 car 69 yds. Sr Christian Bess with 15 car 192 yds 3 tds(back to back games of over 100 yds rushing) Sr QB Chis Garcia 18 carries 121 yds 2 tds and also pass for 120 yds and 2 tds,

Sinton finish with 605 yds of offense coming off a decent offensive game against Yoakum week before.

Rockport best output offensively was against Aransas Pass 33 pts.

Rockport defense has held some good offensive teams to way below their averages.

Past couple of games between the two have been very low scoring heading into 4th qtr before Sinton would pull away. Since they have started playing each other again with the drop down of RF 3a/4a RF only win was that crazy game both were scoring at will on each other til one stop in 4th qtr sealed the game.

Sinton still trying to improve, they had 4 fumbles last game need to be in the plus side in this one by a few to keep score close and get a shot at another win over RF. Rylan Galvan kid looking a lot like Keith Garcia from few years back and he's a twin and his twin also in varsity playing wr his name is Rene Galvan.

Both these teams were the favorites along with Orange Grove, one of them will get the leg up on the other after this game. RF is the favorite but i'll go with the homer pick and go with Sinton turning it around starting with this game.

Practice Squad

I've been looking forward to this one for a while. (Mostly because i get to go to the butter churn before the game.)

I expect the RF pirates to get their first win in Sinton in who knows how long. Sinton needs to play up, and a few things to bounce in their direction to stay in this game imo.

Is Sinton mostly healthy at this point?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by RkptFltn View Post
    Is Sinton mostly healthy at this point?
    Per regal (RPF vs. Goliad) Sinton will not be healthy after this game. Protect them knees Pirates.

Starter

I'd put Rockport-Fulton right behind Navarro for third in D2 Region 4 rankings.

Rockport-Fulton 19 Sinton 8 Halftime

Sinton needed some breaks got one on RF fumble inside 10 to stop RF drive and didn't help themselves on a td pass called back on spot foul.
    Sinton had lead in 2nd qtr 8-6 on a td pass.

Sinton not able to force a stop and Sinton passing game can eliminate the mistakes opportunities are there on RF secondary.

some game highlights

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    some game highlights

Thanks for sharing this video. Best of luck the rest of this season. Glad Friday night was a healthy night for both teams.