View Poll Results: Tigers or Mustangs?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silsbee

    4 28.57%
  • WOS

    10 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Moderator SHSBulldog00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    S-Town
    Posts
    10,005

    Default Region 3 WK 7 GOTW: Silsbee (3-3) @ West Orange - Stark (2-4)

    Who gets the critical first district win?
    "Don't walk through life just playing football. Don't just walk through life just being an athlete. Athletic's will fade. Character and integrity and making an impact on someone's life., that's the ultimate goal - bottom line." - Ray Lewis

    Sweeny All Time Record 490-273-28

    GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

    1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

  2. #2
    All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Although Jasper never trailed they actually had to work to get their sixth win of the year last week agains WOS. WOS is always tough. Silsbee is reportedly pretty good, but I guarantee WOS will be MAD this week and will likely take it out on Silsbee. WOS gave up 352 yards on 20 carries to one Jasper RB . Did I say that WOS will be mad?

    Both teams are probably better than their 3-3 records would indicate. Good luck to both teams.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

  3. #3
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    orange
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Toss up to me.Teams seem to be evenly matched.Wos has problems in the red zone with penalties and mistakes.I think they missed three scoring opportunity against Jasper because of that.

    Thanks for the words of encouragement j_dog but we are not better than our records indicate.lol

  4. #4
    All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    Toss up to me.Teams seem to be evenly matched.Wos has problems in the red zone with penalties and mistakes.I think they missed three scoring opportunity against Jasper because of that.

    Thanks for the words of encouragement j_dog but we are not better than our records indicate.lol
    A few more weeks will tell whether WOS is better than their record. Room for improvement? Certainly. But that is the good news. When they do improve, they will be dangerous. BTW, Jasper also has room to improve, and history thus far has shown that Barbay takes the Dogs to a whole other level in the playoffs. I am just grateful that WOS gave them a challenge. Getting (momentarily) to a 3 point margin clearly put a scare into the Dogs. And of course they responded.

    Good luck this week!
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

  5. #5
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    orange
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    A few more weeks will tell whether WOS is better than their record. Room for improvement? Certainly. But that is the good news. When they do improve, they will be dangerous. BTW, Jasper also has room to improve, and history thus far has shown that Barbay takes the Dogs to a whole other level in the playoffs. I am just grateful that WOS gave them a challenge. Getting (momentarily) to a 3 point margin clearly put a scare into the Dogs. And of course they responded.

    Good luck this week!
    Yeah every time I thought we had something going...BAM Hunt took it to the house.lol

  6. #6
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    At the top of the world
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    Although Jasper never trailed they actually had to work to get their sixth win of the year last week agains WOS. WOS is always tough. Silsbee is reportedly pretty good, but I guarantee WOS will be MAD this week and will likely take it out on Silsbee. WOS gave up 352 yards on 20 carries to one Jasper RB . Did I say that WOS will be mad?

    Both teams are probably better than their 3-3 records would indicate. Good luck to both teams.
    WO-S is 2-4
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

  7. #7
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    At the top of the world
    Posts
    706

    Default

    I'll take the Tigers, 21-17
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

  8. #8
    Administrator WOS87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,707

    Default

    WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?
    400-97-3 (80.30% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

    4 straight State Championship appearances
    43 consecutive district game wins
    34 consecutive non-losing seasons and counting (Plano and Judson we’re right behind you)

    4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 Final Appearances - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinal Appearances - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    29 Playoff Appearances

  9. #9
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    orange
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?
    That's the team that beat WOS in district( once ) for the only team to have accomplish that feat.....Oh you probably already knew that.My bad.lol

  10. #10
    All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    Yeah every time I thought we had something going...BAM Hunt took it to the house.lol
    Yeah, I understand how you felt. And how Bridge City felt. Jasper's first three possessions, three running plays, Jasper 21-0. If Jasper coaches were a mind to leave him in the games, Hunt could probably have two or three thousand yards by now. As it is, he is somewhat over 1,000 yards in just six games. Amazing to me. Strength to break tackles, then he is gone. I admit, I was surprised that he could do that to WOS so many times. I can understand one time, but four? You have to believe that the WOS coaches were scheming to stop him and he could still do it.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

  11. #11
    All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    That's the team that beat WOS in district( once ) for the only team to have accomplish that feat.....Oh you probably already knew that.My bad.lol
    Hey, are you talking about Silsbee or Jasper? Jasper, playing in Orange beat WOS 21-8 in 1986, WOS's very first District game in 4a after dropping to 4a. So if Silsbee did that also ..... And yeah, WOS paid Jasper back in the QF's.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

  12. #12
    All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    WO-S has beaten Jasper 100% of the time when they've met a 2nd time in the same season and I predict that will hold. We've lost to Nederland, Crosby, Newton and Jasper who are 20-0 combined or something near that. They're all undefeated. Who's Silsbee again?
    True, that is why I hope Jasper doesn't have to play WOS again this year. Other than Jasper's RB Hunt there was not that much difference in the teams that I could see. WOS will always be dangerous!
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

  13. #13
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    orange
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    Hey, are you talking about Silsbee or Jasper? Jasper, playing in Orange beat WOS 21-8 in 1986, WOS's very first District game in 4a after dropping to 4a. So if Silsbee did that also ..... And yeah, WOS paid Jasper back in the QF's.
    Talking about when we moved down to 3A in 2005 I think.It was one of those mud bowl games and Silsbee just handled it better than we did.Only loss we have had in district sense moving down.

  14. #14
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    orange
    Posts
    676

    Default

    It was 2004 when we moved down and that 21-8 Jasper win in '86 put a fire under us.Won our first State Championship that year ya'll beat us.........just saying lol.

  15. #15
    All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    4,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    It was 2004 when we moved down and that 21-8 Jasper win in '86 put a fire under us.Won our first State Championship that year ya'll beat us.........just saying lol.
    You said "Moved down" and "District". In 1986 that was also a move down year for WOS also. First year out of the top classification. Thank you for clarifying.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •