Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DCTF State Title Projections

Tepper posted on Twitter that the DCTF computer projections have the following teams playing in the championship through 5 weeks:

D1: Carthage v LaVega
    D2: Lorena v WOS

Hmm.....

3A:

D1: Goliad v Gladewater
    D2: Cisco v Newton

5A :

D1: Lufkin v Hutto
    D2: Aledo v Manvel

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Tepper posted on Twitter that the DCTF computer projections have the following teams playing in the championship through 5 weeks:

D1: Carthage v LaVega
    D2: Lorena v WOS

Hmm.....
    Don’t let the Barneys or the Argylians see this....
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    5A :

D1: Lufkin v Hutto
    D2: Aledo v Manvel
    Hutto won't get there. Not enough D. to beat Angleton or Shadow Creek who both have enough to slow down a Hippo.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

It's crazy that there are only 5 undefeateds left in 4A D2 after 5 games: Lorena, Jasper, Sweeny, Fort Stockton and Rio Hondo.

WO-S vs Jasper should be very telling this Friday. The 3 teams WO-S has lost to and Jasper are a combined 17-0 so don't let our record fool you.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Don’t let the Barneys or the Argylians see this....
    The Barney’s have taken note as have the Argylians. We are arranging an overthrow of these blasphemous predictions and have agreed to meet in Arlington on December 21st...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    The Barney’s have taken note as have the Argylians. We are arranging an overthrow of these blasphemous predictions and have agreed to meet in Arlington on December 21st...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argylians most probably gets another "L" to make it grammatically correct, but I could be wrong about this. Argyllians or Argylians......either way they are not too terribly concerned at this juncture.....only when it gets down to the meat and potatoes of winning the region
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

one note of clarity those are the computer rankings; which although good, are as Tepper says "an unfeeling robot" it's only taking into account the data that it has so some of the rainouts, games that ended early, injuries or additions aren't being accounted for just yet....

We always have two sets of rankings and projections, the computer ratings and our staff ratings/projections

All-District

I like LV vs Carthage. I think that will be the title game. It’s going to come down to LV and Argyle in R2. I think the winner of that will roll over any team in R1. It’s hard to beat a great team twice. I think LV’s early loss to Argyle will be what helps them win the rematch if it happens. I haven’t even looked at the brackets so I am not sure what round they would meet, but to me those 2 teams are clearly the best.

I do not believe there is a team on Carthage’s side of the bracket that will keep the Dawgs from Jerry World. I know LH fans won’t like this, but you are not beating Carthage running the ball in the Slot or Wing T. Carthage is too big, physical, and well coached. Even if LH has success in the 1st half Darren Preston will make his adjustments and shut it down 2nd half. You have to have a balanced attack and/or superior talent/athletes to beat Carthage.

Honestly this Carthage program is getting scary good. They used to lose games early while everybody got it figured out. That is not even happening anymore. It is now finely tuned on the lower levels. Our 8th and 9th grade rarely losses games over the last 3-4 years. Just seems like the program has taken that next step as crazy as that sounds. And the participation is ridiculous. Carthage truly has 6a numbers. 55-60 kids on the varsity with less than 800 students in the HS is unheard of.

This was supposed to be a slightly down year, but they keep winning. We thought this senior class was one of our weaker classes, but the kids have worked their asses off and are playing at a very high level. For those that see Carthage this year, they will look a lot different than you are used to seeing. The next 2 years Carthage will be back with the elite skill kids. This year we really only have 1, Kelvontay Dixon. The rest of the guys are just hard working smart kids. And they are playing lights out. Great to see.
    Last edited by Dawgs; 10-03-2018 at 12:26 PM.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    I like LV vs Carthage. I think that will be the title game. It’s going to come down to LV and Argyle in R2. I think the winner of that will roll over any team in R1. It’s hard to beat a great team twice. I think LV’s early loss to Argyle will be what helps them win the rematch if it happens. I haven’t even looked at the brackets so I am not sure what round they would meet, but to me those 2 teams are clearly the best.
    If LaVega wins the district then Argyle would have to beat Stephenville for a second time...

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    If LaVega wins the district then Argyle would have to beat Stephenville for a second time...
    Ville is hard for me to judge. Coming off an awesome season. Played a very tight game with Argyle 1st game of the year. Looks like they should be right there. But there is that loss to MLH. I just don’t now what to think about that loss. LV dominated MLH, but both Ville and LV played Argyle tight. Obviously LV matched up with Argyle better and lead most of the game, but still Ville played a great game.

I want Ville to be great. Our division is better when one of our blue blood programs is playing at a high level.

R2 is the Region of Doom, haha. That’s going to be fun to watch play out in the playoffs.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Ville is hard for me to judge. Coming off an awesome season. Played a very tight game with Argyle 1st game of the year. Looks like they should be right there. But there is that loss to MLH. I just don’t now what to think about that loss. LV dominated MLH, but both Ville and LV played Argyle tight. Obviously LV matched up with Argyle better and lead most of the game, but still Ville played a great game.

I want Ville to be great. Our division is better when one of our blue blood programs is playing at a high level.

R2 is the Region of Doom, haha. That’s going to be fun to watch play out in the playoffs.
    They lost their starting qb then had two turnovers inside their own 20 that led to heritage scores. Then it rained the whole second half and still almost won.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    They lost their starting qb then had two turnovers inside their own 20 that led to heritage scores. Then it rained the whole second half and still almost won.
    Even top teams usually have one of those type games. I think that was Ville’s. I’m not ready to count Ville out. Will be very interesting game with Argyle if LV wins the district like you mentioned.

I listened to he guys on S2S, and they said that the backup QB Renfrow is going to be a good one? What do y’all think? I know it will take 3-4 games for him to get all the way up to speed, but does he have a chance to be a great QB?